why i like you

Hi!

I usually do cool opening chapters for books with cast lists and gifs and whatever but I ended up deciding this book just didn't need one.

The entire time I've been writing this I've been under the impression that it's very different from what I've usually written but I'm not sure I can explain why. It contains heavy themes and I'm listing it as mature which is unusual for me but there are parts that are more vivid and a lot of casual discussions of sex. The language is probably crude but I swear in most books I write so that's not a huge surprise.

I think the most different part is that Rory (the main character) isn't exactly likeable, that's kinda the premise of the book. It's strange writing a main character who isn't immediately someone you want to root for but hopefully the intention will make sense.

It switches between perspective for different chapters, I'm pretty sure I made it clear who was saying what.

The chapters are short because I never planned on uploading this, at least not this version because it was more or less a draft but reading it back I really like it so I'm giving it a chance anyway.

I don't really have a faceclaim for Rory but there's a very vivid description of her in the second chapter, other than that she's up for interpretation and not to be an annoying and allusive writer but I think it's important that she's up for interpretation and not immediately seen because if she was a lot of the perception of her would be different.

I'm rambling and I hate it but I couldn't just open this story without talking too much because despite some of the writing being way better than I think it usually is I was insecure about this book for a number of reasons. I'm being so dramatic about a fucking fan fiction but at the end of the day these start meaning a lot more to me than fan fictions and this one more than any because the story doesn't relate to stranger things at all.

That is another disclaimer. Although things are the same including Steve working at Scoops with Robin, his relationship with the kids and his character development, there is no stranger things. No monsters, no upside down, no superpowers (although El is still existing), no strange things. I kept the storyline pretty similar, or as similar as I could.

Only other thing I've changed is Dustin's family but since we never know much about it, that doesn't effect much. I also know there is an actress for his mother but I completely changed her appearance in my head, a lot younger basically just because it fits more with the storyline.

I've talked way too much this could be a chapter at this point.

Feel free not to read any of that, honestly it only matters to me that I say this at the end of the day.

also here is a Spotify playlist I made and religiously listened to while writing this.
It's not 80's accurate at all because I didn't intend to share it but some of
the songs fit so closely and the vibe is perfect so... if you want to check it
out that would be cool

apologies for this ridiculously long introduction

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

apologies for this ridiculously long introduction... and enjoy :)

𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 | steve harrington जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें