The two siblings continued to eat their prey when she spotted a patrol returning, it was lead by Brokenclaw and had Ashfeather, Ferretpelt, Mosswind and Swanfeather. She noticed that Brokenclaw had an annoyed and disgruntled expression on his face. He stopped walking, said something to his patrol mates then headed straight for Shadowstar who was sitting outside of his den with Feathercloud sharing tongues, huddled close together.

Brokenclaw said something to Shadowstar who let out a sigh, he called out to Violetfur who was sharing prey with Icepool. Violetfur instantly stood up, said something to Icepool and swiftly dashed over to Shadowstar and Brokenclaw. Shadowstar touched his nose to Feathercloud and vanished inside of his den while Feathercloud padded over to talk with her fellow elders.

I hope everything is okay. Leopardpaw said silently. Tensions with AshClan have not gone down at all, luckily the two Clans didn't interact much but ever since Riverstar visited, the tension and stress had remained in the energy of the MoonClan cats. Leopardpaw had been doing her best not to think about it, but she could remain ignorant for only so long. She forced her attention away from the leader's den and back to the prey she shared with her brother and listened to a story he told about a bird he caught.

He finished his story and the two of them finished their prey, both siblings decided to wash themselves after finishing their prey and just about as she was going to get up and see if Berryheart had anything else for her today, Shadowstar, Violetfur and Brokenclaw stepped out of the leader's den.

Both Shadowstar and Violetfur shared the same expression that Brokenclaw had arrived with. She watched as Shadowstar jumped onto the small pile of rocks in the center of MoonClan camp. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather for a Clan meeting!" Leoparpdaw could hear the tension in Shadowstar's voice, she shared a concerned glance with Ripplepaw but the two of them gathered as well.

They sat beside Peachblossom and Breezetail and watched the rest of the Clan gather. She noticed Shellpaw and his siblings sitting not far from them as well, she noticed they all looked as anxious and Leopardpaw felt. She briefly met Shellpaw's blue gaze, the older apprentice seemed quite concerned. She gave him a tiny nod, trying to make him feel a bit better, but she didn't think it helped.

They both turned their attention to Shadowstar who stood proudly over his Clan. It was at this moment, with the sunlight reflecting off his black coat that she noticed how gray the leader was becoming. With lighter fur around his muzzle and eyes and laced across his body. Despite his age, Shadowstar still stood tall and proud.

"Cats of MoonClan, as we discussed several days ago tensions between us and AshClan have been rising. Arguments at gatherings and disrespect from Riverstar and her warriors. MoonClan has a long history of peace, we pride ourselves on being the most peaceful of the Clans." Leopardpaw nodded slowly, it was one of the things that made her most proud to have been born a MoonClan cat. "However," There was a slight edge to his voice that made Leopardpaw lose her comfort. "This can sometimes make us look like easy targets for the other Clans, especially AshClan. Riverstar thinks that since we are the "peaceful Clan" that we will just stand and let her walk all over us, well I am telling you all today that is not the case."

Leopardpaw noticed Violetfur sitting beside Shadowstar, holding her head high. "I instructed certain patrols to make heavy markings on the other side of the river because I had a feeling Riverstar would be patrolling there, and I was right. It was a challenge and Riverstar accepted. Brokenclaw's patrol reported that our scent had been completely covered by the stench of AshClan."

Marking borders on the other side of the river? Leopardpaw exchanged a confused and worrisome glance with Ripplepaw. That territory doesn't belong to anyone, can we even mark borders there?