PART 11: Pack your things and go

Start from the beginning

The blood started pulsing into my veins as I clenched my fists in anger. 

“What happened, man?” Mark, my quarterback asked me when I got back into the classroom.

“I am not the captain anymore, dude. He kicked me out of the damn team!” I told him.

“What The Fuck, dude?!”

“I dunno. I don’t care anyway.”

Okay, that was a lie. I did care. The team was really important to me and I just couldn’t picture myself out of it. When the bell rang, I told Mark to inform the others and headed to the parking lot. I needed to leave. Going outside, I bumped into Avery.

“Asher?” she asked.

“Not now Avery,” I growled and left.

I had to go before I’d lose it and take my anger out on her. I knew I couldn’t restrain myself when I was mad.

AVERY’S P.O.V.

I stayed there, frozen, staring at him while he got out and drove off the parking lot.

What was wrong with him?

He has never been abrupt to me.

I put my books into my locker and started looking for Luke, his best friend.

“What happened to Asher?” I asked him when I found him.

“Coach Miller kicked him out of the team,” he said.

I widened my eyes…

HE DID WHAT?!

The team was everything to Asher!

And the worst part was that it was my fault… And now, Asher was probably too mad at me…

“He hates me now, doesn’t he?” I asked Luke with tears forming into my eyes.

He burst into laughter while tears starting rolling down my cheeks.

“Hey, hey. Chill. You’re as important to Asher as the team, Avery. He would never hate you,” he ensured me and I gave him a tearful smile.

“Just give him some time,” he added and I nodded totally understanding his point.

Going back home after school, I got into my bedroom and threw my body on the bed. I focused my gaze at the ceiling. Now what?

I was waiting for his call the whole day. Especially while doing my homework, I was checking my cellphone every 5 minutes. Nothing… I started to believe that Luke was wrong and he really didn’t want to see me again.

After a while, I stood up and went to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and got into the tub. The hot water made me feel a little better but not okay…

“Avery!” I heard my father’s voice from downstairs.

I wrapped myself with a tower, opened the door and yelled “Yes?”

“Come downstairs,” he said.

“Can you wait until I finish my shower?” I asked.

“Fine.”

I frowned. When did he become this gentle? Something was wrong… Definitely.

After having a quick shower and slipping into my Snoopy pyjamas and I went downstairs.

“Dad?” I asked.

Oh the irony…

Have you ever felt like calling someone “dad”, “mom” or “friend” sounded not right? I mean, your “dad” is supposed to be someone who loves and protects you right? He didn’t deserve the term. However, the one and only time I called him Warren, I ended up telling the doctors how I fell of the swing… I was freaking twelve years old!

“How was the assignment?” he asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

“It was difficult but we made it. The teacher gave us an A,” I said.

“Good. Now, pack your things and go.”

“What?”

He growled and stood up.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I meant why!” I shouted and threw my hands in the air defensively.

He sat back down and I mentally sighed in relief. That was close.

“Your mother and I want some time together. Alone.”

How could she want some time alone with him?! How could she love the guy who beat her daughter up almost every day?!

“Where am I supposed to go?” I asked.

He grabbed a fistful of my hair. “Listen here, you fucking bitch! When I say you’re out, you’re fucking out! Don’t make me say it again!” he yelled.

“F-Fine… I’m leaving,” I muttered.

I went back upstairs and slipped into some black jeans and a black hoodie. I took my bag and a pair of pyjamas, got out and heard him slamming the door behind me.

Okay…

I started walking.

Where was I supposed to go?

I didn’t have any friends. Ali was my only friend and then Asher… I couldn’t call him.

Great.

~*~

I hope you liked it...!

THANKS FOR READING!!!

COMMENT pleeeease :D

Vote if you liked it :D

<3