The Best Man (based on Marry Me by Train)

Start from the beginning

“cut it out smarty pants. I can still kick your ass anytime I want too.” I said spilling as much venom into my voice as I possibly could. Unfortunately it just added to his amusement.

“you wouldn’t want to do that. It’s currently the most prized rear in the united states. One touch and there would be a million girls thirsting your blood.”  God could this guy be anymore full of himself?

“you know what, I don’t really have the time for this and you probably have someone with a celebrity status to chat up too, so why don’t you just leave me alone?” I said giving up and stomping off in Leslie’s direction, an incredibly hard task when you’re wearing six inch jimmy choos.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Leslie” I said making her face in my direction “I believe you have some explaining to do”

“um no.” she replied turning away again, but not before I caught the guilty look on her face.

“why didn’t you tell me that harry was matt’s best man?” I said getting to the point directly

“I don’t know. It never came up.” She replied.

“Leslie!!!!!” I nearly yelled the frustration evident in my tone.

“what was I supposed to do, Rebecca? Matt wanted to call him and I don’t see what’s wrong in that. Besides its just one day. Earlier you guys were together the whole time, so it can’t really be that hard to bear him for one day” she replied sounding perturbed by my behavior. I didn’t blame her, I was acting pretty selfish, though I admit it would have been easier if I’d been warned.

“you know what. You’re right. It can’t be that hard. And I’m going to do it. I’ll just stay away from him as much as possible” I said more in an effort to convince myself than anything else. I was the bridesmaid. I had to do crisis management, not become the crisis.

I glanced at my watch. It was nearly time for them to exchange the vows. I could see harry and matt walking towards the entrance together.

“ready?” I asked her, seeing Dan her father approach us

“as ready as ill ever be” she replied giving me a nervous smile. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, before I took my place at the entrance behind the other bridesmaids

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Done.  The vows had been exchanged tying the happy couple in holy matrimony, the ceremonial dances had been completed and I could see the guests dancing slowly to the song playing in the background.

“hey” said a voice behind me. Turning around I found myself facing harry, his hair slightly disheveled from all the dancing he’d been doing. It was like just because he was famous, everyone wanted a piece of him. It was disgusting how the girls here through themselves at him. Not that I cared, he could keep dancing with whoever he liked as long as he left me alone.

“what do you want?” I asked, hoping to get over with this conversation as soon as possible.

“care for a dance?” harry asked, offering me his hand. I contemplated for a second, before agreeing. He’d probably leave me alone sooner if I finished off with it. He led me over to one corner on the dance floor just as marry me by train started to play.

“so are you ignoring me” he asked twirling me as the chorus started to play.

“is it that obvious?”I asked.