I playfully slapped her head and took my phone back. She seemed nice enough, maybe Cameron was just talking out of his ass.

Like normal.

I got the pic from my gallery and posted it. "I posted it".

"Ooh, what's the caption ?".

I smiled and showed her. " fuck malle high school".

"Drama there?".

I tilted my head at the question. "I guess more like personal drama".

"Nothing I haven't been through, spill what did you do?".

I bit my lip. I didn't know how she'd react to it, everyone seemed to take a different approach to it.

"I confronted my ex for cheating with his best friend, I didn't realise I was yelling. It was a whole thing, tears and everything. It turned out people heard me and got mad for accidentally outing him".

She looked confused for a second. "They don't care that he cheated on you? Just that you accidentally outed him?".

"Yeah...".

"Wow, talk about double standards. Like yeah outing him my accident was kinda not okay, but he cheated on you so wouldn't the truth come out anyway?".

I smiled at her. I blindly told her, trusting her and she saw both sides. Everyone else didn't care about my side.

Must be something in her weed.

"Let's change the subject". I smiled in relief, I hated thinking about the past.

"Any guys you're interested in?".

I raised an eyebrow at her invading question. "It's my second day here".

"So?".

"The answer is no".

She shrugged her shoulders and pulled out a blunt. "Yeah no, maybe after school".

I also wanted her to stop smoking, I wasn't doing this because Cameron asked me to.

"Oh okay!".

"Can I ask you something?".

"Yah".

"Who's max?".

The moment his name left my mouth I could see her body visibly stiffen.

"Who told you about him?".

"Some girls".

"Listen, Jay, it's best if you don't talk about him".

"But".

Before I finished my sentence she cut me off. "No but, Jayden this is for your good. Don't make yourself a target".

I remembered what girls in the bathroom warned me about. Getting targeted by his friends.

"Okay".

"Good! Okay so are you a virgin?".

"WHA-".

----
I pulled my bag out of my locker and threw my books in. I watched as Kaden waited patiently for me.

I pulled out my phone and called my dad. It took 3 rings before he picked up.

"Hey dad, I have a project with my classmates. Can you pick me and them up?".

"Where are you going".

"Uh, to the house dad".

"Okay okay, no need to fuss. I'm busy but I'll send out your stepmom".