~CHAPTER 40~

~FELIX P.O.V.~

Okay, Felix, slow the fuck down. You're getting way ahead of yourself over here. Just try to spend a good time with them and don't try to read between the line of Yeji's words.

"We're not," said Minho, after coughing, "Felix's just been having a rough time so we wanted to cheer him up."

"Oh," said Yeji, slightly disappointed by the look on her face, "well, have a nice day, Yuna and I are going to my house for a sleepover, bye!"

And without letting us say goodbye back, they both left the arcade. Hyunjin sat back down with an apologetic smile on his face.

"I'm sorry Felix, Yeji's like that with everyone, she can be a bit intrusive and indiscreet sometimes..."

I smiled.

"It's okay!" I said cheerfully, she looked like an awfully nice person, "she seems pretty cool anyway."

"I guess she is," said Hyunjin with a smile on his face.

We finished our drinks and headed to the game zone. We started by playing a racing game which we all sucked at. Later we headed to a shooting game, where basically you had to save yourself from a zombie apocalypse. It had to be played in teams of two, but Minho swore he could play on his own, so Hyunjin and I stuck together. By the end of the game, Minho had managed to singlehandedly kill most of the zombies, while Hyunjin and I had died.

"Wow," Hyujnin said, looking at Minho's score, "Felix, if we're ever in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, we'll have to stick to Minho unless we have a deathwish..."

I laughed at his comment.

"This isn't a k-drama, Hyung..."

Minho intervened in the conversation.

"I wouldn't mind Felix sticking around with me," he said, putting an arm around my shoulder and pulling me towards him. The sudden approach took me by surprise, making me stumble on my feet and crashing my head on Minho's chest. He didn't seem to mind that much, but my cheeks were on fire, and I felt the warmth spreading throughout my entire body, "however," Minho continued, his arm still around me, "you are too fucking annoying to handle. You'd be screaming half of the time, and the zombies would find us immediately."

Hyunjin and I laughed.

Next, we went to the dance machine. Hyunjin claimed to be tired so Minho and I played against each other. I ended up beating him, which caused Hyunjin to jump on me and ruffle my hair to celebrate.

"Well done, Lix!" he said with a beaming smile, which turned into a smirk when he looked in Minho's direction, "it was about time someone beat Minho at this game, his ego was getting way too big to handle..."

"Oh, shut up Hwang!" Minho said, rolling his eyes.

We played a few other games here and there when I felt my phone vibrate. It was a message from Eric.

~~~

UNCLE ERIC:

Hey, Felix! It's getting kind of dark so I'm going to come and pick you up!

You're in the arcade, right?

ME:

Yes, I am!

UNCLE ERIC:

Okay! I'll be there in ten minutes. If any of your friends want a ride, tell them, and I can also bring them home.

~~~

I put my phone in my pocket and looked at the game Minho and Hyunjin were currently playing.

"My uncle is coming to pick me up in ten minutes... If you need a ride we can give you one."

"No thanks, Lix," Minho said, eyes still glued to the screen, "but thanks, we finish this game and we'll go with you outside, okay?"

"Okay."

After they finished the game, which Hyunjin won, we headed outside, where I saw my uncle waiting. They both turned in my direction.

"Both of us had a very good time this afternoon," Minho said, with a small smile.

"I hope this has cheered you up a bit," Hyunjin said.

I smiled at both of them.

"It definitely has! Thank you so much!" I said, happily.

Eric was signaling me to get into the car, so I just decided to go for it. I hugged Minho first, who out of shock didn't hug me back, and then I hugged Hyunjin, who put his hands around my waist hesitantly. Without waiting for a reaction or any other words I yelled a quick 'bye' before running off to Eric's car, ready to go home.