DAWN

I'm just a girl, a plain Jane. No one bothers noticing me. I'm a nobody in this world filled with perfectionists. All i can tell you is, we don't follow.

We live in an average home. Just the 4 of us. Happily ever after.

But no, you're wrong. The world changed, and we were forced into change. My parents were both well known scientists and they worked for the authorities. However, some things went ascrew and the whole world came shattering to the ground. Riots and war flooded into our small city, northbrook. Everyone went into hiding and my parents were forced into creating an underground hideout for my older sister, Maddie and I. The world was dark. I was afraid and I ever so wished I could bury myself in the darkness of my cocoon and melt into nothingness. Maddie would always tell me to be strong. But how could I? With food to worry for and 4 people in the household, there were tons to worry about. When would the authorities hunt us down? We are monitored everywhere. From town to town, but no one realises that. They are oblivious to the world we live in. The world is cold and unforgiving, and we are humans living in a cruel game. Many are injected with a chip, tracking their every move, but they don't know that. They're brainwashed into thinking the authorities are doing them good, keeping them safe. They're helpless and pathetic, writhing in the grasp of their captors. That's what I thought.
₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩
"Dad? Where are you going?"

"Outside. I... i... need to get something...."

"but didn't mom say...."

"Stop! Liz, go to your room and forget that we ever had this conversation."

"But... didn't we swear that we'll tell each other everything?"

I pouted and stifled a yawn.

"Please dad.... I promise I won't ever ever ever ever ever tell mommy. Pinky swear with a cherry on top."

He sighed and looked longingly through the door.

"I'm going to explore the world outside. I believe... never mind. That's all I'm telling you my little ladybird."

He stood up and ruffled my golden locks.

"Now go to sleep...."

I bounded away, my golden locks trailing behind me, as I bounced back to bed, clearly satisfied with his answer.

"What's out there..." I whispered.