˗ˏˋafter hours'ˎ˗

It was a routine for Eddie to visit Family Video after Steve's finished shifts. Together the two of them would restock shelves and make sure the place was clean before they left. Although most people would find this pretty boring, somehow they make it fun. Joking, laughing, deep conversations, basically anything. They'd play music while cleaning and restocking too. There are cons to this too unfortunately. Anytime someone would walk past Family Video, they'd usually get a peek of the two swapping kisses with each other and stare in disgust. Then they'd gossip to their friends calling them homophobic slurs and what not. But hey, it's not like Steve and Eddie give a shit. And it IS the 1980's so it was sadly pretty normal to experience this type of stuff.

Swinging the push door open, Eddie walked inside the Family Video store. For some reason he looked tired, exhausted, he smelled awful, and he was sweating terribly bad. Almost as if he had ran a full mile to get there but that was impossible because his car was in the parking lot. "Oh christ, Munson, the hell happened to you? You smell like dog feces." Steve cringed, walking up to his badly smelling boyfriend. "No shit.." He replied panting, hands on his knees trying to catch up to his breath. "Don't ask questions you already know the answer to." Steve rolled his eyes at Eddie comment. 

It's normal for Eddie to drink before bed. He'd offer Steve some but he always declined. He'd smoke a few cigarettes but that's it. No wonder Eddie always woke up with a pounding head ache and a beer stench. "Just stay here. I'll get you water." Steve never asked why Eddie wouldn't stop drinking and not taking showers in the morning. He knew Eddie had mental health problems and depression. Especially after the two of them nearly dying after being in the upside down. And he knew damn well he was not going to a therapist.

Not too long after, Steve returned with a cold bottle of water and handed it to Eddie. "Aw, you're so sweet big boy." Eddie sarcastically gave Steve a pat on the shoulder. In response Steve just smiled and gave his boyfriend a quick kiss on the lips. "Well uh, I'm gonna finish sweeping the floor then we can get outta here." Eddie nodded while untwisting the cap on his bottle. He appreciated the fact Steve had already started restocking the shelves before Eddie arrived. Although he of course would've been fine with helping.

While waiting for Steve to finish cleaning, Eddie sat on the reception desk and looked through CD's. "Holy shit, Back to the Future. I remember trying to sit through this shit without pausing it." Eddie laughed and opened the CD case. Opening it scraped some of his black nail polish off. "Yeah? Me and Robin joked about that thing all day when we worked at Scoops Ahoy." Steve wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. "You should start tying your hair up Eds." Eddie was quick to turn and look at Steve with a suspicious look plastered on his face. "Come on, don't give me that look." Out of nowhere Eddie started bursting out laughing and almost fell off the desk. "What?" He dropped his broom and hopped next to Eddie. "Harrington, are you thinking about me giving you head?" 

"Seriously? N-No, I wasn't. I was trying to say you'd look pretty sexy with it," Steve scoffed. "But the idea you had sounded fine too." He murmured. Eddie knew Steve thought he couldn't hear him, so he just played along. "Why don't you come do it for me then pretty boy?" He jokingly said. But Steve did it anyway. His hand traveled through Eddies luscious, soft hair for a bit. He then slid a hairband off his wrist and used it to tie the others hair. "What did I tell you? Sexy." Eddie raised a hand behind his neck to feel his hair. "Whatever you say Stevie. Whatever you say." Steve cupped Eddie's cheek and kissed him, passionately. Eddie's arms hugged Steve's neck. To Eddie the best thing about kissing Steve was the fact his lips were always soft and smooth.

Their lips soon disconnected. 

"God, I love you Harrington."

"Love you more Munson."