I Trip's P.O.V

I'll finally get my starter and begin my journey with my own faithful Snivy.

Unlike it's done in Kanto, in Unova one is required not only a trainer's licence to enter the Pokemon League, but a high school diploma. We are not like those boonies! If only my little sister could realize this. She is obssessed with this boonie from a small unknown town in Kanto. They call him The Saint of all things! Hilarious!

I heard his name being mentioned somewhat before, and he had this event in Alola that was a big success, but he is mostly famous in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. At least, that's what I've heard from my sister. I saw his face on the cover of a magazine once, he is cute I'll admit to that. But he has nothing on unovians and Alder.

Then again, this kind of thinking is what lead me to this situation.

"Please tell me that your little sister heard wrong and you did not use derogatory and xenophobic language under my roof," my father talked to me calmly but sternly from the other side of the family dinning table, with my mother at his side. "Because we raised you better than that."

"I just don't know what's so good about thos boo... about Kanto," I hastily corrected myself, but by my mom's teary expression and my father's frown I knew they've heard me loud and clear. So, I kept on going. "They send their kids on their journeys at 10! And without a high school diploma!"

"So, your crude words come from envy and misinformation?" Father questioned me with a dry chuckle. I knew better than to protest when he was like this. "At 10 Kanto kids already are in possession of a middle school diploma, four years before you did," my eyes widened at my father's words, I was stunned by this. "They are also requested to continue their studies on their own, while traveling on their own to build independence and experience on their youngs. If at 16 they did not sit down for all of their exams and got their high school diploma, they'll be forced ti go back to school and complete their studies. Hoenn, Johto, and Sinnoh do the same," Is their education much more advanced than ours? I thought in disbelief of what I was hearing. Then why is it believed in Unova that we are better? Why is it that I did not know about this?! "Ash Ketchum got his high school diploma at 14, a year before you did while traveling for four years," I winced at the direct hit my father served me right there and then. "He is also in possession of a Field Research Licence under Professor Oak. Another so called boonie, who is worldwide known as the brightest mind of the last century! He even got his paper published in PokeScience! If my daughter wants him as a role model then I am very proud of her for having excellent taste!"

"Not to mention he is an Ace Ranger Captain," I flinched at my mom's words and turned to father guiltily.

My dad is the Head Ranger of Unova's main headquarters. He joined the rangers right after he won the Unova and Kalos Pokemon League back-to-back. He is very proud of his job and we are very proud of him. And I just insulted a compatriot of his. One that reached such a position at 15!

"Did you know that he defeated Sinnoh's Elite Four and almost tied against Champion Cynthia? His Charizard lost against her Garchomp at the end, after he wreaked the rest of her team," Father returned to his rant at full throttle.

"He d-did?!" I stuttered and then cursed myself for doing so.

"He did, how is it that you do not know? It was all over the news!" My mother was stunned by my lack of knowledge. "In the following press confference to the battle, they announced that he'll become the Champion of the upcoming Orange Archipelago Pokemon League and the leader of the second branch of the Battle Frontier."

"I..." I was speechless.

"I know you are a good boy Trip, cocky but you've got a lot to be proud of," my father's visage softened and I felt the nod on my throat relax. "But being proud of your heritage and region, and a fan of Adler, does not mean that you should insult others. Even if they are new competition for your favorite Master."

"He almost won against Cynthia, who is the strongest Generalist Master," I mumbled. Which makes him as strong or even stronger than Adler, I thought with a frown. I... I can respect that. "He should be a Generalist Master now."

"He is," my father answered. "He is also a Terrain Master, the strongest one at that. At 14!"

Yes, I can respect him... and Kanto. Professor Oak, The Saint, Elite Four Koga, now that I've been told better, I feel quite ashamed, I berated myself.

"Now go to the living-room and apologize to your sister," mom ordered me.

"Yes, mom, and sorry... to both of you," I apologized.

I left to search for my little sister, who was watching T.V in the living-room. I could tell that she was still angry at me because she was hugging her knees to her chesr and wore a pout on her pretty face.

"What do you want?" She scowled at me, glaring suspiciously at me when I took a seat next to her.

"I'm sorry Tara, what I said was unsensitive... and untrue," I apologized, pouring all my sincerity on it.

As much as we fight I love my sister dearly and care for her a lot.

"You mean it?" She asked me surprised, making me wince at the disbelief on her face- I should learn to apologize more and be kinder to her.

"I do, mom and father explained it to me. He is quite something. I can't believe we have the same age. I feel... jealous to be honest," I admitted.

"Well, you should!" My sister perked up. "He is awesome!"

Nice way to dig the knife deeper sis, I thought bemused. Brutal honesty... but she is back cmiling, so I'll forgive it for now.

"What are you watching?" I asked her, not saying what I was really thinking. "I didn't peg you for one to watch the news."

I was telling the truth then, Tara is only 10.

"They are going to to talk about The Saint! He is comin to Unova!" My sister exclaimed ass our parents entered the living-room. "He is going to start the publicity tour of his new Pokemon League in our region! Aren't we lucky?!"

"Is that true dear?" I turned around in surprise, as I noted the barely hidden fearful tone in my mom's question.

"Yes, it is," my father's answer was accompanied with an impassive and expressionless face. "The Slayer is joining Unova's rangers for a special mission. We'll be giving him a task force team to command. Kanto and the International Commision is lending him to us for a year. He'll stay until after the Pokemon League."

"Why until after the Pokemon League?" Tara asked oblivious of our parents tense behavior.

"He'll be mentoring and looking after a 10 years-old-boy from Hoenn. He already has his middle school diploma and trainer's licence, but while that makes it legal to start his journey in Hoenn, things are different here," father answered. "He'll need permission from his parents, Hoenn's Pokemon League, Unova's Pokemon League, and a mentor who has at least 8 badges and has placed on the Top 16 of a Pokemon League Conference."

"With Ash Ketchum mentoring it should have been easy to geet those permissions," I commented, not oblivious of my father's tense posture and mom's fearful expression.

"He only aided with Unova's Pokemon League permission, the boy's father is a Gym Leader in Hoenn. Not just any Gym Leader, he is part of the Eight Gym Challenge of Hoenn," father informed us.

How well connected us he? I thought surprised.

"Things are going to become exciting in Unova," father warned me, an unspoken message being said. He was a ranger after all, there is a lot of information he can't share... even if it is to aid his family. "So, be carefull out there, son."

"I will," I promised him, even if I still don't know what I pledged to do yet.

I trusted my father and that's all I need to know... for now.