Frat

Ally's pov:

The sound of party music fills my ears as I take closer steps toward the loud, overcrowded frat house at the end of the street. 

From the outside, it looked like one of those typical frat houses you would see in a movie, and probably has the word beta or gamma in its name.

A nervous sensation tickles my stomach as I look around at all the students who are already tipsy or drunk as they sway back and forth to Party Rock Anthem

Before we left, Claire taught us the 'importance' of arriving late to a party, rather than early. And I quote, "Only losers show up early to frats. Arriving later makes you look cooler." 

Her words, not mine. 

In theory, I understand what she was trying to say. But I find all these rules for frats to be quite foolish if you ask me. 

When did showing up late to parties become considered cool?

I may never truly understand, but for the sake of Claire, I went along with it. Plus, it gave me more time to get ready. 

Being my first real party and all, I wanted to look good. That was enough for me. 

But Claire, Zoe, and Sophia? They convinced me that I had to look HOT. 

It only took a couple of seconds for them to invade my closet, find the shortest dress I own, and throw it in my face before I had the chance to speak my opinion. 

 I didn't complain though, and with the three of them also matching dresses similar to mine, I felt confident.

I felt HOT. 

I was in a baby pink dress that hugged my waist and barely hit mid-thigh. It had spaghetti straps at the top and showed a whole lot of my back. Before leaving, I also threw a couple of loose curls in my hair and fixed up my makeup.

It was around 10:30 pm when we left, and the frat was only a fifteen-minute walk from our dorm. If worse comes to worst and we find ourselves not able to make the walk back, we agreed to bring backup money for an uber. 

I didn't plan on getting drunk tonight, maybe a bit tipsy, but not drunk.

My three friends agreed with me that the plan would only be to get tipsy. Not that I would care if one of them wanted to get wasted, I told them I would try my best to watch over them if they did.

I'm just that good of a friend. 

When we get to the entrance of the frat, Claire and I enter first with Zoe and Sophia following close behind. We made a pact to stay together the whole night, and that is what I plan to do. 

Plus, my sister might kill me if she finds out I ventured off into a frat all by myself. 

As soon as we enter, the smell of sweat and beer is like a hit to the face, forcing me to hold back a gag.

I never liked beer.

My first memory of trying beer is when my parents held a family gathering three years ago at our house. An older cousin of mine snuck me a beer from my uncle's cooler and let me have it if I promised not to tell my parents. 

Safe to say, I took one sip and shoved the can right back into my cousin's hand. 

The taste was simply not for me. 

After that, I've only had little experience with alcohol. Just the occasional, "Here try this" from my parents when they were feeling generous. 

My parents were always on the stricter side, so even getting a sip was a lot from them.