Sofi stuck a piece of waffle in her mouth as she said, "Mila is a gonna be famous, mommy." I choked on my coffee, "I don't know about that yet, Sofi. But hopefully I will." She just smiled at me and continued eating.

"Come on guys, we gotta start heading to the airport." My father said. I got the napkin from the table and wiped my face. "Let me go change really quick!" I said. "Okay, but make it quick mija, we have to leave." My mother said.

I entered my room and went into my closet, I grabbed my Pink Floyd hoodie and my light ripped jeans, all complimented by my classic black converse. "Oh shit!" I said. My eyes scanned the room, "where did I leave my journal?" I asked myself. Sofi came behind me and startled me. "Here you go Mila, you left it in my room, and don't say nasty words." She handed me the journal.

I wanted to write about my experience at camp, so I decided to write all about it in a new journal. "Sorry Sofi. But thanks for finding it! Let's go." We darted towards the car, we raced every single time, I always let her win though. I strapped her in and my dad put my suitcase in the trunk. My mother entered the passenger seat and turned on the radio. "Keep it right here!!" I yelled. Ed Sheeran's, "Don't" was playing. Sofi and I decided to sing it together playfully.

We sang the chorus together, it was funny because every time the "f word" would come on Sofi would cover her mouth and then continue singing. After the song I gave her a high five and a big hug.

We parked in the airport parking lot and exited the car. I grabbed my suitcase and dragged it behind me. My heart was pounding, we were getting closer to the arrival area, and that would be the last time I see my family in four weeks. "So this is it, huh?" I asked my family.

My dad Alejandro came up to me first, "Have fun mija, sing your heart out. I know how determined you are, be fierce and confident. I love you, my little girl." I began to tear up and he embraced me with tight hug. "I won't let you down, papi. I promise." I said. He nodded and stepped back.

My mother Sinu approached me next, "ay que chula, mija. I'm going to miss you. But I know you're going to come back and bless me with your amazing voice. I love you, and I am so proud of you. Don't you ever forget that." One tear rolled down her cheek, I used the pad of my thumb to wipe it. "Don't cry mom, I'll be back soon. I love you." We shared an emotional hug and she let go. She kissed my cheek and stepped back with my father.

"Come here princess!!" I yelled while holding my arms out. Sofi ran into my arms and held onto me like a koala. I spun her around a few times and then put her down. "Have the bestest time there, Mila! Don't forget that Ifos is gonna protect you! I love you a lot, a lot, a lot!" She said while holding her arms out to measure her love for me. "I will have fun!! Yes, Ifos will sleep with me every night. But no, I love you way more than you love me!" I said while tickling her. She gave me kisses on every inch of my face and then hugged me. "I love you Camila." "I love you too, Sofi."

I waved at them and headed towards my flight. I boarded the plane and in the corner of my eye I seen a girl. This girl was stunning, she had long dark locks and piercing green eyes, they resembled emeralds. I looked at my ticket, I think God was looking out for me that day because my seat was right next to hers. She was sitting in her seat listening to music. I wanted to let her know of my presence, so I said.."Hi, I'm Camila. It's nice to meet you."

She looked at me with a blank stare, but I also found it very warm and inviting. She nodded and greeted me, "I'm Lauren, it's nice to meet you as well." She still looked at me with a stare that was unreadable, did I have something in my teeth? I asked myself. The first thing I noticed about Lauren was her eyes. They were green, with specks of blue and grey dispersed around the edges of her cornea. I was trapped in their Galaxy like feel. She cleared her throat, I snapped back into reality, I had to let this girl know she had eyes that left me speechless.