S1 E14: T.A.H.I.T.I

Start from the beginning

S.H.I.E.L.D. Trauma Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland

Once the plane had landed, Joy helped push the hyperbaric chamber into the building, "two close range gunshot wounds to the abdomen, happened almost two hours ago. She's tachycardic, hypotensive, and has lost a significant amount of blood. We've lowered her core body temp in order to transport her here"

The doctor looked to her, "that's probably what kept her alive this long", Joy ran ahead to scrub up before looking back to Coulson.

"We'll do everything we can", they got Skye out of the chamber and began attaching wires and tubs to her, Joy looked at the staff around her, "intubate and let's get this shirt off", from then on, everything was a blur as she directed the operation on Skye.

Once the operation was finished, Joy walked out with another doctor to meet the team. Once they spotted her, they gathered around the blonde, "how is she?"

Joy had to steel herself at the news she was about to give her leader, "not good. The shots perforated her stomach and penetrated the large and small intestines. We resected what we could, but... there's been to much damage"

Coulson looked at her, "so what's next?"

"The only thing we can do is keep her comfortable", the answer shocked Coulson, "sir, you'll need to make the decision on whether or not we keep her on life-support"

The team stared at the blonde as tears filled her eyes, Coulson spoke softly, "you're saying there's nothing to be done?"

When Joy couldn't answer, the other doctor took over, "we're saying you need to call her family. Get them here as soon as possible", Coulson looked at Joy, then to the rest of the team.

"We're her family"

The doctor looked to Joy then back to Coulson, "in that case, I'm very sorry", she rubbed Joys arms as she left.

Joy walked forwards, Coulson pulling her into a hug, hearing her mutter, "I'm sorry", he shushed her before letting her sit between Fitz and Simmons, who both held her hands. They all watched as May marched from the building in rage.

 They all watched as May marched from the building in rage