She was indeed a little touched.

Start from the beginning

The b*stard Gu Jiangxin seemed to have done something good inadvertently.

That being said... he had also increased the difficulty in his communication with his niece right now.

“Let’s order. What would you like?”

Zhang Sheng flagged down the server and pushed the menu in front of them in a very considerate manner.

There was no point in trying to force the subject anymore.

He looked over at his niece at the same time.

Just like his wife had said, she was prettier than his third sister. And not just her look, but also her aura that made her stand out.

Unlike the sickly Gu Wushuang or his third sister with her hidden hint of arrogance and effemination between her brows, Gu Shishi was calm and poise. She has the softness and beauty of one from the southern region but also a stunning charm hiding within if one was to look at her closely.

“Americana still?”

Gu Shishi took the menu but asked the man next to her before she even flipped it open.

Huo Sishen acknowledged her.

Gu Shishi then started picking out what she would like to get.

“I’ll get a juice – coffee will keep me up all night.”

Huo Sishen was looking nonchalant but his thin lips curved a little when he heard the second part of her sentence.

As though he would very much enjoy seeing that outcome.

Zhang Sheng raised his brows.

He had witnessed the entire interaction between the two.

If he only cared a little about his niece before and mostly because he felt a sense of moral obligation and also partly because of his little sister, then his fondness for his niece had just gone up.

She knew how to take care of those around her and also how to be coquettish subtly.

It was apparently that this child was a better people person than his third sister.

He couldn’t help but looked over at his wife with a smile on him.

When they were young, his wife was the one who actively pursued him and cared for him.

Now, he was what his son would refer to as a henpecked husband and also a man who’d spoil his wife rotten in the eyes of his employees.

His third sister, on the other hand, had been a spoiled brat ever since she was a kid and had always been coddled and needed others to bend over backward for her.

In the end, she did not have a good marriage. Gu Jiangxin left her with no hesitation.

That ought to show the importance of a woman’s emotional quotient, personality, and temperament.

Zhang Sheng had a lot of mixed emotions over that.

“Shishi, meeting you today made me realize how different you are from how I had imagined.

“Before our meeting, I worry about the pain that might have been brought onto you by your free-willed mother. Not only would you be alone in facing your everyday life but also developed resentful toward your mother and the Gu family that would prevent you from living a happy life.

“Part of the reason that I wanted to meet is hoping that I can talk to you some and make you feel better.

“Now, it didn’t look like you needed help of that sort.”