"How did you learn this recipe?" Heejin asked. "I liked this food the first time I tried it so I searched for the recipe. My dear, it seemed easy but I actually messed up a lot during my first try," she answered and she chuckled while remembering those moments. She was probably just nineteen or twenty back then. And when she did it, she did it sneakily because her parents never allowed her to learn how to cook.

They prefer to see her studying about business management than to see her set foot in their kitchen. Besides, they had a lot of maids and cook so they thought it wouldn't be necessary for her to have that skill.

"Heejin, why are you so afraid that your dad would take you back to Thailand?" Jennie randomly said which made her cousin look back at her.

"Oh that? The reason why we moved here years ago was because I runaway from someone. My parents just followed. Unlike my mom, dad didn't like the idea of us moving here but he is not actually what you think he is like. It's just that whenever we argue, he'd threaten to take me back to Thailand and I know that he could," The girl explained. As much as Jennie want to ask who the girl is running away from, she doesn't want to pry.

"Sorry to hear that, I guess our parents could be controlling sometimes—oh most of the time. We're already grown-ups though. Don't let him get his way. You are the boss of your own life now, dear."

Just when they finished cooking the stir-fried octopus, they heard the doorbell rang. Jennie instantly thought that it's Lisa but she realized that latter have a spare key so it is most probably someone else. Just a few seconds later, they heard the door opened and Irene called her. "Miss Kim, someone is here to see you."

Heejin and Jennie looked at each other, then the latter shrugged her shoulder. She got out of the kitchen to see what's up only to see Song Kang on the door carrying some paper bags.

"Song Kang? What are you doing here?" Jennie asked but she tried not to sound rude. The guy scratched her nape and said, "I—I felt like I was rude earlier for leaving right away. So, I came here to see you again and maybe we could talk."

Jennie couldn't decide whether she'd let him in or not but if she chase him away, that would be so rude. She's wondering how this guy found the address though. Also if he is aware that the house belongs to her lover.

"We're just going to talk, right? What could go wrong?" She thought but honestly, she's worried. 

"Okay, come in," Jennie finally said. Then she led him to the living room and offered him a seat. As soon as he settled down the couch, Jennie asked "Would you like to have a drink?"

"Tea would be perfect," He answered. Jennie called Mrs. Choi and politely asked her to serve the guest his tea.

"Uhm Ruby Jane, I actually bought these for your babies," He said while handing Jennie the paper bags that he brought with him.

"Thank you, you shouldn't have bothered." Jennie just accepted it but really, he didn't have to.

"It's fine, those are just little gifts. They're you're kids, so they are important to me as well. By the way, I'm sorry for leaving immediately earlier. To be honest I was just surprised and I guess I acted rudely. Again, I'm sorry for that," He said and Jennie patted her back before saying, "I told you it's alright. It wasn't a really a big deal."

"Ruby Jane, how? I mean I thought you said your baby—" He didn't finish his words to avoid saying something offensive.

"Well, it was a long story but to summarize it, my parents lied to me. They made me believe that I lost my baby when in fact, they hid them and sent them to their father without my knowledge," Jennie said and sighed.