Chapter 33

"Jennie, the boss found out about your babies," Hoyeon anxiously said over the phone.

Jennie wasn't surprised but she didn't expect it to happen too soon. It's not like she's trying to hide it from the company though. After all, she knows that it is not gonna be a secret forever. She's willing to quit modeling if that's what they want though or she could switch to a different company where it is allowed to have kids. That's not much of a problem, is it?

However, she might lose fans if everyone finds out that she's already a mother.

"What did he say?" Jennie asked calmly.

"Of course, he was mad because he thought that you deliberately hid that you have kids. I explained everything to him. I even recited that rule just to clarify that it's not a violation. You gave birth before you even joined the company. So, he said that he'll see what he could do and as soon as you finish your shoot, he wants to see you. And Ruby Jane, if this goes out to the media, are you aware of what's going to happen to you?" Genuine concern was evident in her voice.

But Jennie wasn't scared of what was going to happen to her career. She's ready to risk it all. So, she said, "Yes, I am totally aware of it."

"Ruby Jane, you've been through a lot before you got to where you are right now. I hope you think about it carefully."

"What am I supposed to do? It's something I can't control."

"It's uh—let's just figure this out but for now, please try to avoid the media from finding out."

"Yes, I will try my best. I don't want to drag my twins and Lisa into a mess after all." Jennie heaved a sigh.

She flinched when some arms wrapped around her waist. She smiled when she realized that it was just Lisa.

"Trouble?" The taller girl whispered. Jennie shrugged her shoulders and went back to the call. "Hoyeon, I need to end the call for now. I'll just call you maybe later."

"Okay, take care."

"What happened?" Lisa asked curiously because she saw how Jennie sighed a couple of times earlier. It must have been bad news.

"I—It's not a big problem actually. Our boss found out about the twins. I don't know how but it happened. It's not like I was trying to hide it though."

"You can be honest you know. It's okay to be worried about your career. Don't worry, I'll help you keep things as a secret for now," Lisa kissed the top of her girlfriend's head.

"Fine, I'm a bit nervous about how things would end up if people find out that I am already a mother. It's not that mothers aren't allowed to be models but I'm just worried because I—we are not yet married. People still have prejudices about women who get pregnant before marriage. I'm afraid that you and our kids might get ridiculed," She admitted.

"Don't worry, love. Whatever happens, I'll always be beside you. We'll be able to get through things together. And don't be pressured, if you're not ready to get married yet, it's okay. They can't decide when we're doing it. It's up to you, to us."

It made Jennie feel so much better. She's glad that there's finally someone who can make her feel that she's not alone and that she's safe.

"By the way, are you ready, my love?" Lisa asked. She actually went to the room to see if Jennie is ready so they could go to her parent's house. She just happened to overhear the conversation.

"Yes. Priya, are you sure that they'd like me?" Jennie asked anxiously. Although Lisa told her before that it was fine, she can't help but to worry. She's been away for four years after all. She missed a lot of events.