The Answer is... Cake?

Start from the beginning

"Congratulations, Legend! You defeated a Level one Master! I hereby certify you for Level two Fighter status. Bask in your victory. You've earned it. Good luck becoming a Master Fighter someday!" Wendy walks off.

Rosie comes in her place with... Mr. Richmond?!

"You leveled up already?! Wow, Legend! I failed pretty bad on my cleaning test. When I finally passed, I got crushed in my Fossil Battle. I'm going to try again now. But first, let me introduce you to my grandfather. He's a really important man."

"How do you do, Legend. I'm Mr. Richmond. I heard about the incident with the medal dealer. I appreciate you looking after my granddaughter. Thanks you. I hope you and Rosetta will be good friends. You two seem to work well together. Come by and visit me whenever you'd like, by the way." He walks off.

"Wish me luck!" Rosie cheers.

~~~

I go to Knotwood Forest. There are people known as the Digadig tribe that have been living there for a long time. Many people don't understand it.

Holt was there and tells me about the shop being open.

I see Rosie standing with an attendant.

"This area is currently off-limits. I can't let you pass."

"Why not?"

"I'm super sorry, but it's just my job to warn people that they can't pass. I don't know anything more. My boss was like, 'This area's off-limits, so don't let people through,' and I was like, 'Okay boss.' "

"Legend, you've GOT to hear this. This guy just told be that the area past here is off-limits and that I can't pass. What could that be about? Is it secret? Dangerous? Both? I REALLY want to get in there now! You know what? I've had enough of this nonsense! We'll get to the bottom of this. Let's ask my grandfather!" She starts to walk away. "Come on, Legend!"

~~~

"Well, well. Rosie and Legend! You didn't lose you medals again... Did you?" Mr. Richmond asks.

"Grandpa, can I ask you something? Grandpa, we need to get deeper into Knotwood Forest, but it's off-limits. They won't let us in!"

"Knotwood Forest? Why was I thinking about that recently? Oh, I remember! Dr. Diggins said something about it... What was it...? You know, you should just talk to Diggins. He seems to know everything happening around here these days."

"So we should ask Dr. Diggins? I don't know... He looked pretty busy the last time I saw him..."

"Hmm... You're right, he's usually very busy. But I'll bet he'd make time for you if you brought him a gift... Come to think of it, Dr. Diggins has a weakness for Dino Cakes. They sell Dino Cakes at the shop over in the Fossil Guild."

"Dino Cakes. Got it! Okay, let's go buy them from the Fossil Guild shop and take them to Dr. Diggins."

~~~

I go get the Dino Cakes and slip into Dr. Diggins room.

"Oh, hello, Legend, Rosie. Is there something I can help you with?" Dr. Diggins asks.

"We're trying to get deeper into Knotwood Forest, but we were told it was off-limits." Rosie explains.

"Deeper into Knotwood Forest? No, I'm afraid that's just not possible right now. There's been an incident in the Digadigamid ruins near Digadig Village. I ordered the area closed. The investigation is being handed by a famous Fighter who's on the scene right now. But come to think of it... We haven't gotten word back since yesterday. I hope nothing's happened..."

"In that case, you should send us to check up on that Fighter!"

"Oh, boy... What should I do...?" Dr. Diggins murmurs. "Hmmmmm... Hrrrrrrmmm... Whew... I'm exhausted. I wonder if I've been working too hard... I sure could go for a sweet snack."

I recline on the couch holding about 5000 pages. Rosie follows me.

"Huh? What's this?" I ask her playfully.

"Could that be a package of delicious-"

"Dino Cakes, Rosie?!"

"Yeah, wanna split them, Legend?"

"D-D-D-D-Dino Cakes?!" I hear Dr. Diggins call.

"Yeah, I'm so glad we got the last one."

"I can smell them from here... I'd do anything for them."

"Really? I'm sure we can make some sort of arrangement... Oh, hey! We WERE trying to get Knotwood Forest access, weren't we? Sound fair, Dr. Diggins?"

"Hrrrrrmmmmmmm... I'm not sure that's such a..."

"Oh well, Dr. Diggins." I start. "I guess Rosie and I will eat these-"

"NO!!! You win! Il give you q Clearance Card for Knotwood Forest!!! Now give me the cakes!!! Dino Cakes!!! I must have them now!!! GOVE ME THE CAKES!!!! THE SWEET, SWEET DINO CAAAAAAAAAAAAKES!!!!!!!"

"We should give it to him before he explodes with rage." I laugh. I give him the cakes.

"Thank goodness! Give me a sec, okay?" He goes to his computer and gives us a Card. "Here you go. Just show this Clearance Card to the staff there, and they should let you pass. Just do me a favor and stay out of trouble, okay? Don't do anything that might reflect badly on the Center."

"Legend, I think it's time to had to Knotwood Forest!"

When we get out of earshot of Dr. Diggins I laugh.

"What's funny?" Rosie asks.

"I bought two. He still doesn't know."

We both laugh on our way to the Knotwood Forest.