ᕼE ᗯᗩᔕ ᕼOᗰE

Start from the beginning

     Doe finished the clearly amateur dressing and gazed lovingly at you, hoping for your praise. The best he got was a slightly less perturbed expression on your face. Oh well, it was the best he was going to get for now.

     "Doe, are you keeping me here on purpose?" You asked, trying to get answers out of the lovestruck creature.

     " ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ , " he pouted, refusing to make eye contact with you and fiddling with his hands.

     You sighed, this was going to be harder than you thought.

     "Look at me, sweet thing. I need you to take me home, okay?" You cooed, reaching forward to cup his face in your hands and make sure he was looking right at you as you spoke.

     He averted his gaze and whined, conflicted between melting due to the pet name or crying because you wanted to leave him.

     " ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜʏ ?  ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ?  ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡʜʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ? " He looked at you with increasingly unstable pupils, his perpetual grin turning more downcast by the second.

     You panicked- if he snapped then you'd have no chance of getting out of here. It was best to just suck up to him for now.

     "Of course I do, sweet thing, but I'd rather be with you in my own home. Doesn't that sound nice?" You tried to reason, breaking into a slight sweat while you watched the cogs turn in his little brain.

     " ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ꜱᴀꜰᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ . " He stared at you with desperate eyes, clearly trying to find a reason why you shouldn't go.

     "Look at my hand, sweet thing. Is it really that safe here for me?" You brushed some hair out of his face, reveling in the fiery blush that spread across his cheeks, "I need to be in my own home." You watched as his face fell and then flinched as he nearly toppled you over, wrapping himself around you.

     " ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ , " Doe whimpered, face burrowing into your neck.

     A heated blush rose to your face and you froze, not sure what to do. Suddenly, you noticed movement below you.

     Ratricia cautiously made her way to Doe's leg, wrapping her little rat arms around him as much as she could in a tiny facsimile of a hug. Doe noticed, gingerly letting go of you to kneel down with the rats. His face brightened up into a huge smile, eyes shining as he watched Ratricia's tiny antics.

     The rest of the rats scampered over to the familiar wild man, looking up to him with wide eyes as he slowly pulled something out of his pocket. In his hand was a cluster of little rock-like objects, the odd shape of them catching your eye. 

     Yeah, you didn't really want to know what those were.