Kutumika

I turned, coming face-to-face with a white tiger. "What are you doing on leopard land?" The tiger asked, growling. She was white with ivory black stripes and icy blue eyes that were somewhat glazed over. "We're trying to escape the lions. Who are you?" I asked, "I'm Kemeke." She finally answered. "Why would someone name you that?" I asked, and she sighed. "I was born blind." she then growled "Come with me." I shook my head, "My friend is unconscious, she just fell into the river." Kemeke shrugged "Fine. We'll wait until she wakes up." she snarled impatiently. I thanked her and laid down next to Asha's sleeping body. I watched her chest rise and fall, just as if nothing had happened. "So, Kemeke." I said, "Yes?" She said back, "How was your life before the war?" I asked. "I'm not going to answer that." I cocked my head to the right, "Why?" I asked, "There isn't a good reason to." I scowled at her prickly personality and her terrible excuses. "Fine." I curled up next to Asha, muttering so quietly that no one would've heard me if they tried, "Be that way."
------~------~------
Finally, Asha woke up and Kemeke immediately pushed us along. "Come on." she growled, "I thought cheetahs were fast. "Oh, I'm sorry." Asha said back "Do you want a starving, almost drowned cheetah to run all the way to your precious kingdom?" Kemeke snarled "Watch your tongue." Asha laughed "Never have, never will." I rolled my eyes "Be careful." I whispered to her, "We don't know what she can do." Asha shrugged "Whatever." Kemeke turned her head, one blind eye fixed on us. "Be quiet." She growled, I nodded, "Okay." I said. After about an hour of walking over what seemed to be lion land, I finally asked, "How is this leopard land?" Kemeke shrugged, "Well, there was a battle, and when the leopards won, they got the battleground as territory." I nodded, that made sense, the leopards taking battlegrounds as territory. "That's nice," Asha said, "but what do you think of cheetahs being imprisoned?" Kemeke kept walking, "Well, the leopards think it's wrong, and so do I." Asha nodded "In fact, we're planning on attacking the lion camp nearest of the river tonight." Asha's eyes widened, "What?!" she smiled, "I'm in." Kemeke fell silent, "That's not for you to decide." She finally said. Asha growled, "Then take me to who decides it!" Kemeke shrugged, "Okay, let's take you to Wawindaji."