"There is no way I will leave him, get it?"

Start from the beginning

“Can’t you just talk like a normal person?

“Why the heck did you stand in front of someone else’s foot?

“Have you no manners?!”

Huo Wencheng almost spit out blood. He was kicked alright?!

He was just standing there and he was the victim!! Who was the one with no manners here?!

“How awful are you feeling right now?”

Gu Shishi tried her best to put herself in his shoes.

And immediately felt uncomfortable all over.

According to Qin Ruhai, someone with a severe case of germaphobia was like amplifying what a normal person would perceive as dirty by 100 times.

So, kicking someone would be like... someone spit inside of her beverage?

EW!

She immediately looked over at Huo Sishen anxiously. She noticed that he hadn’t said a word; in fact, even his breathing seemed to be abnormal.

“Do you want to have a seat?”

Gu Shishi stroked the boss’s chest anxiously.

Huo Wencheng, whose chest was hurting, suddenly felt that the pain had intensified! And there was a stuffy feeling in his chest!

Was this woman mocking him?!

“Aunty Lin! Aunty Lin!

“Hurry and bring us a new pair of slippers please!

“And some disinfectant as well.”

Huo Wencheng was furious.

Mother Gu, to one side, was stunned as she watched the events unfolded.

This was the very first time she witnessed her daughter interacting with her... son-in-law.

“Shishi, you and Young Master Huo have a good relationship.”

Mother Gu’s hand that was clutching her purse tightened a little before she stopped Huo Wencheng, who was about to say something, and started talking again

“You are pretty and he is handsome. The two of you make a good couple together. Shishi, you have married a good husband.”

Huo Sishen had already been pushed down onto the couch by Gu Shishi and, for some unknown reason, had a cup of hot water shoved into his hands as well.

There was a somewhat... complicated look on him.

Hearing what Mother Gu was saying, he looked up at her.

She now looked less annoying than she did before.

What she had just said made him happier.

He was going to have Siyi tossed the two of them out earlier, but now... perhaps he would let her talk for a little while longer?

Huo Sishen was never one to force himself into doing something that he didn’t want to do.

Quickly, he gestured the cancellation of having the two tossed out.

Siyi, who had come running over, stopped to one side and was baffled.

Mother Gu, on the other hand, was pleased that her words seemed to be working better than Huo Wencheng’s.

It would seem like the two of them were still respectful to their elders.

“Young Master Huo, this is my first time meeting you as your mother-in-law.