The Boss Has a New Assistant

Start from the beginning

If the timing wasn’t the best right now, then she’d push this assignment out further.

She did not want Boss Huo to be hurt again.

She could only imagine how he’d retreat back behind his thick shell and block out any care and concerns from others if accidents, however minor, befell on Huo ChuChu.

Thinking about that, Gu Shishi also smiled bitterly.

By now, he was not only someone that she relied on to stay alive, he was also like a friend to her.

Living under the same roof and having showed her kindness so many times, she also wanted to protect him for once.

“Think it through and listen to your heart.”

Gu Shishi nodded.

“Have the chauffeur take you back?”

Huo ChuChu acknowledged but turned back around just when she was about to walk out of the door.

“Sis... sister-in-law, can I ask you for one more favor?”

The way Huo ChuChu had addressed to her made Gu Shishi blushed.

But what she said after that truly stunned her.

Huo ChuChu, too, seemed to feel a bit awkward.

“Can you please help me draw a series of comics?

“The title will be The Childhood of My Brother and I...”

“Huh?”

***

Inside the highest 22nd floor of HB’s China headquarter.

Huo Sishen was listening to Siyi’s reports from behind his desk.

Half an hour later, he nodded and signed the document.

After he had stepped out, he was stopped by a soft and delicate voice.

“Boss.

“My name is Xu Jiao and I am your new assistant. This is my first day.”

Huo Sishen frowned immediately.

His unhappy look shot right past this person and onto Siyi.

Siyi shuddered and said, “Boss, you have mentioned earlier that you wanted to look for someone who was familiar with domestic situations and has secretary experiences to take care of the everyday matters around here. Xi Jiao was the one hired by the head of HR.”

Huo Sishen forced himself to listen to the couples sentences that Siyi had said and his lips tightened.

“Does she not know the rules?”

His voice was distant and cold.

When he was done talking, he walked past them and out of the conference room with his back straight.

Siyi sighed.

He looked over at Xu Jiao solemnly.

“Don’t show up unless the boss has asked for you.

“Your seat is over by the wall, not in the middle of the walkway.”

Xu Jiao bit her lips and said, “I just wanted to say hi to the boss so he knows to look for me when he needed something in the future.”

She had been a secretary for three years since her graduation.

She had worked with three to four elite bosses but none of them measured up to this Boss Huo.

She had never met a man who was as outstanding, handsome, and domineering.

Even when he wasn’t walking and was about to lecture someone, he was very handsome.