Chapter 9

After your group left the prison you all run into a spot of trouble when a giant infected woman shows up but you managed to escape from her and actually made it to the research lab where you met Dr Banner, Steven, Joel and Ellie.

Me: So Dr Banner have you managed to find a cure.

Dr Banner: I have been trying but nothing works I have ran simulations but they all end in failure.

Steven: We have been lucky to survive for as long as we have but we can't stay here forever.

Daisy: How have you survived against that giant female infected.

Joel: The what?

Carlos: A giant female infected it's tough bullets had no effect and all we managed to do was stun it but we don't know for how long.

You look around and see a wall full of photos of the people in the lab it was clearly a memorial to all those who lost their lives trying to save humanity as a hand on your shoulder.

Daisy: You ok.

Me: Yeah but this I don't know has humanity finally reached it's limit.

Daisy: We are humans and we have to try all the way until the end so if it is the end I will be happy to spend it with you.

You take out the things you have in your shirt and it's military dog tags and lots of them.

Daisy: What's all these?

Me: After I returned home to find my family gone and the dead walking I went back to my squad but they were already gone so I put them to rest and carry their tags with me so if the world ever returns to normal they would be remembered as heroes.

Daisy: They are heroes just like you.

You were about to kiss Daisy when a loud noise came from outside as you walk over to the window and see the giant female infected leading other infected towards the research lab.

Me: Shit we all gotta move.

Joel: there isn't anywhere to run.

Ellie: Joel we need to do something that infected will destroy us.

Me: Dr Banner is the cure here.

Dr Banner: Yes in the next room put it won't help against so many.

You run into the next room taking the cure and needle as you pull up your shirt before preparing the cure as Daisy came rushing in.

Daisy: what are you doing?

Me: I'm going to face that thing head on but to do that I need to be immune to infected so taking the cure will be my best option.

Daisy: But Dr Banner said it failed every simulation that means you could die.

Me: I have to do this because I refuse to let you all die.

Daisy: What about us we don't want to lose you either.

Before you could say anything a loud crash came from the other room as the sound of shooting broke out as you take the cure but it has a nasty effect as you fall to the floor gripping your chest.

Carlos: LEON HELP ME.

Leon: ON IT.

Steven: We are going to die.

Anya: Mommy are we going to die.

Yor: I don't know sweetheart just hold on to mommy.

As Leon and Carlos held the barricade up to keep the infected Claire, Jill, Ellie and Joel shoot at the ones getting closer to the building however the giant female infected was uneffected.