[CH. 42]: Practical Exam Pt. 1

[Flashback, twins at 5 years of age in the daycare center]

"Izu-chan, please don't let go," [y/n] tightly held her brother's hand while she hid with Izuku's body as they entered the room early in the morning. They weren't the first to arrive, seeing it got rowdy at such early hours. 

Izuku nodded, "I won't."

As soon as they stepped in, "There they are!" 

One of the kids shouted as he stopped playing with his toy, staying farther away from them. 

"Why are they even here...?" One of the little girls groaned, "... they could have just stayed at home if they were to face something like this every day here, idiots."

The twins didn't let go of each other's hands as [y/n] spoke up, "Izu-chan, I want to draw something." 

Izuku then nodded as he points to a spot of the room, "Sure, let's go over there."

As soon as they got the crayons and the papers, "Izu-chan, can you hold my other hand?" [y/n] perked up to him. With that, he held her right hand. "Izu-chan, are you going to draw, too?"

Izuku grinned excitedly, "Hmm! I wanna draw All Might!" 

Her eyes sparkled, "I wanna draw him, too!"

She tugged his hand as she pleaded, "Izu-chan, whoever draws All Might better win!" 

He tilted his head, "What does the winner get as a reward, [y/n]?"

Meanwhile, the kids kept their distance away as they snickered, "They fell for it! They're really staying over there." They left an empty spot on purpose for the twins to stay over.

"Hmm..." [y/n] scrunches her nose in deep thought as she drew with her left hand, "The winner gets their drawing plastered onto the refrigerator door!" 

With a smile, "Deal!"

"This is my spot!" Their little drawing session was interrupted by Bakugo, who seemed to be fuming as soon as he stepped in and growled, "Get out! This spot is mine!"

Not caring his tone, [y/n] greeted as she waved her hand while holding a crayon, "Hiyya! Do you wanna join us? We're drawing All Might!!" 

Meanwhile, Izuku froze as soon as he heard his voice, "K-kacchan..."

"Eh?" Bakugo raised an eyebrow. "Ya think you can draw better than me?!" 

She blinked in confusion and then smiled with a giggle, "I never said I can draw better than you, though. I only asked you if you wanna draw with us!"

"I can draw better than you two!!"

[y/n]'s eyes glimmered, "Oh! You can join the contest! Whoever wins... uhm... uh... gets their drawing placed on the refrigerator door!!" 

Bakugo growled in frustration, "What kinda lame-ass reward is that?!" 

She paused, "H-huh?... I thought it would be nice to-"

"Shut up! I can come up with a better reward than that!"

She clapped as she continued to draw the pro hero and hands him spare crayons and a piece of paper, "Let's think of the reward when we finished drawing!" 

He then snatched it from her hands and slammed the paper to the floor as he lay on his stomach, " I can think of one right now!" 

Izuku scooted a bit farther away from him as he got close while still holding her right hand.

In a weak tone, Izuku asked, "But [y/n], how can we tell who won?" 

Bakugo snarled as the three of them formed a little circle, "Shut up, Deku! I'll be the one to tell who wins!"