Chapter 3.1: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery

Start from the beginning

On the other hand, all eyes are looking at me, full of suspicion and confusion. They probably have a lot of questions they want to ask but didn't know where to start.

I already have a guess about on what's happening. This is just my assumption. After I analyze her CR-Unit, EW-029 Destruction Armament Annihilation Suit or namely called as code 029, the CR-Unit doesn't came from Asgard corporation means the one behind of her actions are probably the Deus Ex Machina Industries.

The objectives are obviously to buy them some time or to divert our attention from something. Whatever the reason is, this just means they are breaking the truce. To confirm my assumption, I decided to go to the interrogation room together with a two glass of water.

It's just a small room around 6 meters length and 4 meter wide. The interval between the floor and the ceiling is also around 4 meters. There's a small table for two person in the middle, two chairs in both opposite side, and light bulb above it. The tiles and the walls as well as the ceiling are all painted in plain white, that's why even though there's just only a single light bulb inside, the room is still filled with brightness, atleast not enough to be called it as dark. The room is completely closed but thanks to the air conditioner and exhaust fan, it is not hot inside.

As I sat down, I put the glasses in the table. There, Tobiichi-san is sitting in the opposite side without any handcuffs as she look at me sternly.

"What do you want from me?" She asked in a hostile tone.

"Don't be like that, Tobichi-san. Even you're thinking I was used to be your friend, for me, I still think you as my friend."

"I don't need some useless talks. Just state what you want from me."

"I know you don't like being asked so I'll make this short. You still haven't drink anything for the last 28 hours, haven't you? Here, I brought this for you."

I push the glass of water in her direction as I drink the other one with me to tempt her. This way, I'll be able to get her DNA through the glass of water.

Why do I need it?

I just want to have her DNA just incase I would be needing it someday.

Tobiichi-san is smart enough to guess what I was trying to do but if she don't take upon my offer, she'll suffer more and might die due dehydration.

"I know what you're trying to do but it's futile. I would rather die than to drink that."

"What do you mean? I didn't put any aphrodisiac in the water, you know?"

"Don't act innocent. You just want to take my DNA, aren't you?"

"No! Why would I do that!? I am here because I'm worried and I want to help you get out of here as soon as possible!" I pause for a moment and stared at my feet as tears slightly wells in my eyes. "I can't bear seeing you in that situation. I don't want to see my dear friend suffering."

I wipe the tears with my handkerchief before continuing.

"I-I understand. If you don't want to drink it, then I won't force you."

Without any further ado, I stood up and was about to take the glass of water, but Tobiichi-san took it before I could.

"Tobiichi-san?"