Chapter 3

~

"I'm back-", when Ayato entered the apartment, he could hear giggles and complaints from his sister's room.

"Come on, just one more."

"No thanks, senpai! I had enough of layers."

"Then how about I-"

"Ayaya! You're NOT shaving my eyebrows!"

He couldn't help but chuckle at their sounds, "Uh Oh, my girlfriend and sister found a new way to get along", and moved to the kitchen to put down grocery bags.

Thoma smiled toward the direction of the room, "sounds like today is Lumine's unlucky day."

Kaeya commented at his junior's wording, "nah, it's their sisters bonding time."

Itto added without much thought, "you and Diluc could use some bonding time too", earning him a slap on the back from the tanned man.

Ajax just glared at the door when he heard a sharp shrill from Lumine, "that noisy pipsqueak."

The guys were just chilling in the dining room for a few minutes before they heard some shuffling and stomping.

"She is escaping, senpai!"

"Don't let her get away. We haven't finished her dress!"

The door was opened with a jolt and Lumine ran out of the room. Clearly, her makeup was still in progress, smeared lipstick, eyeliner was drawn too long, colorful eyeshadow, gold-silver glitter on her cheeks. The long dark green mermaid dress was worn over her T-shirt and pants. They could tell that she was practically forced to wear it.

She tried the bathroom door first but unfortunately for her, Itto was occupying the bathroom. She silently cursed to herself before running into the dining room, "Ayato-senpai! Thoma, SOS!"

On the path of running toward her most trusted men in the room, she slipped on her long dress and lost her footing. Ajax, who was the nearest, stood up from his seat to catch her by instinct.

But, today wasn't his lucky day either because instead of just falling into his arms like a normal person would, she slammed her elbow into his chest to regain stability on her body.

"Oof!"

Ajax could feel his soul almost leave his body from the impact. Kaeya winced at his pain and patted his back. While he was holding his chest in pain, Lumine ran past him and hid behind standing Ayato, "senpai, help!"

Yae entered the room with a smirk, still holding makeup in hand, "come on, Lumine dear. We still need to find out which shape suit you the most."

Lumine argued back with a scowl, "you said you will do only one! We had been over 10 different colors."

The pink-haired lady only smirked deeper, "because you look cute in every color. Come on, just one more."

She stuck out her tongue in response, "you said that 7 colors ago too!", and started running when Yae tried to catch her from the side.

Ayato hugged his girlfriend's waist with one arm and pulled her into his chest, "now, haven't you had enough fun for today?"

Yae looked up with a pout, "I have, but I still want to try a few more."

He leaned down to kiss her forehead, "I think leaving you for 2 hours is more than enough so why don't you give your boyfriend some attention? I got your favorite, fried tofu."