Chapter Six

12 pm.....1 pm.....2 pm......3pm..... 9:45 pm.......15 minutes....

Hermione paced back and forth in her room after dinner. All day she made sure to avoid a certain Slytherin. She rushed through halls, kept her head down in class, and sat with her back to him. Her brown eyes continued to dart to the clock as the minutes ticked by.

Draco had a tried his hardest to avoid a certain bushy hair Gryffindor. At dinner he had snuck a glance at her house table and easily recognize her brown locks. He too paced, except unlike Hermione, who was in her room, he was outside in the cold. The moon reflected in the dark water of the lake. As 10 o'clock drew closer he began pacing more, leaving footprints in the snow, as the wind blew his house scarf, that was wound around his neck.

Chime! Draco looked up from the snow to the clock ringing out 10 o'clock. There was no sign of Hermione and he became worried she wouldn't come. He wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. He had never treated her well, like a person in fact over the years. He was all too consumed with being the perfect son, perfect student, most popular person. And in the end it left him with fake friends, who always wanted something from him, and an ever growing emptiness inside him. He just needed one chance to talk with Hermione. Just one.

He continued to wait and pace. 5 minutes turned into 10 minutes. 10 minutes turned into 20 minutes. 20 minutes turned into half an hour, and Draco was giving up hope of her coming.

5 more minutes, he would give her 5 more minutes. If she didn't come he would escape to the warmth of the castle. Five minutes passed and sighing, Draco looked down and began walking to the castle.