Chapter Four

The moment his lips touched hers, Hermione melted right there in his arms. A fire ignited between them and she instantly kissed back, his arms going around her waist. Their mouths fit together perfectly, like puzzle pieces.

Soon, he had her pressed against the cold wall. The rustling sound of her dress echoing in his ears as he deepened the kiss. Her back flattened on the chilly stone wall of the hallway as her hands slid into his silky soft hair. She tangled her fingers and gripped his hair keeping his mouth firmly to hers. This was so unlike her, she would never have guessed she would be snogging a man she just met, but she knew him somehow. The mask gave her courage to break out of her shy shell, and act in ways she never thought possible. She felt free.

A soft moan came from the back of his throat as her lips parted allowing his tongue permission to enter. Exploring her mouth and savoring the sweet taste of the beauty in his arms, his soft hands gripped her waist keeping her body pressed against his. Both bodies so close, their hearts hammered against their chests and in their ears.

Hermione had never felt this way when she kissed anyone. This was explosive, passionate, and down right burning. Her mind clouded with thoughts but as he held her with each burning touch, her mind blanked and the world faded away. When air was beginning to be a problem, she still didn't pull away from those intoxicating lips. Her body was alive like a live wire was running through her veins.

Not even the sound of the clock chiming out at midnight did they cease their intense kiss. Soon the enchantment on their masks faded away and the masks fell to the ground. Only hearing the clatter, did the two finally pull apart. Gasping for air, desperate to refill her lungs, Hermione opened her eyes to see Draco Malfoy opening his gray eyes, his lips swollen from their bruising kiss. Both their hearts stopped as the clock rang out again. Midnight.