Chapter 30: Love Under One Roof

Start from the beginning

"I don't like the breast," I exclaimed as I shook my head in disapproval. Alex just looks at me cocking his eyebrow, nevertheless, he didn't utter any word and filled it with two chicken legs, a thigh, and fries. He took a packet of ketchup and tore the tip with his teeth and tug it open. He squirt the ketchup in the plate and hand it to me carefully not spilling the content on my lap. He lay the try on my lap and I thank him and quickly devour the chicken. I was so hungry that I don't care if I eat like a pig.

I saw Hailey and Max pulled two chairs from the corners and place it, a meter to us. And they watched us as they talked animatedly.

Alex gave me a few pieces of wipes when he noticed I was done with my chicken and I thank him. I noticed he wasn't eating. He was watching me happily.

"Are you not gonna eat?" I asked incredulously. He didn't eat last night either.

"I will eat, of course, I just wanna make sure you'll feed first," he said happily.

I rolled my eyes. "That was your line last night, mister, and as far as I remember you didn't eat after I was done eating," I replied with rising temper.

"Alright, alright," he said in resignation. "I'll eat some. Only if you eat some more," he bargained as he smiled in surrender.

Even without asking I would still want some. It feels like I could eat the whole box of chicken. And I don't understand why a couple of legs and a thigh with handsful of fries that would usually make me really full is not enough. It seems like I didn't eat anything. Weird. I guess, I'm catching up for the last month I didn't eat.

"Alright. Give me more two dark meat please," I smiled as I hand him the tray with the paper plate.

"Can you have breast, please? You already had dark meat. Too much fat not healthy for the baby." Alex cajoled with his worried eyes staring at me.

"Just for now. I don't like white," I pouted. For some reasons, I don't want the white meat. I used to eat white meat because I know it's less fatty.

"He can have some more dark Alex, just for now. Maybe the baby wants dark meat. Sometimes, pregnant moms crave weird stuff," Hailey defended me and smiled to his son reassuringly. "Few pieces won't make her really fat instantly, honey," she added sweetly.

"Mom you should know better than me! And you never like us to eat this, isn't it?" Alex chided as he widened his eyes on her which the old lady just ignored. "Fine, but just for now. We need to give you more healthy food," Alex muttered in exasperation, nonetheless, he grab two more thighs and place it on a new paper plate and gave it to me.

I smiled sweetly and started digging, ignoring Alex constant groaning as he watched me eating my chicken. "Aren't you gonna eat?" I retorted sharply as I gave him a sharp look when I noticed he didn't move after he gave me my plate.

"Fine. Then, he grab a plate and reluctantly filled it with chicken breast." He hated popeye's chicken, I knew that. I chuckled triumphantly. His friends will surely praise me when they found out their stubborn friend finally had tasted the Popeye's chicken. I grinned widely. The look on his face while eating the chicken was priceless.

I didn't realize I was chuckling as I watched his face disgruntled every bite.

"Finish then your chicken!" he chided giving me his irritated look. He's obviously pissed.

Finally, he finished his chicken agonizingly. He grunted once in a while which made me laughed often as I watched him finished his food. As soon as we are done eating. Mara and Selina walked in. Mara was holding a paper bag which I believe, some clean clothes for me.