Amazing Employee Benefits

Start from the beginning

Gu Shishi didn’t really know what he meant by that and Siyi went on.

“We loosened up the security the day we let her go and let her roam around the mansion freely.”

Siyi stopped there, but that was enough for Gu Shishi to figure out the rest.

The boss had set her up. Had Fan Qing still had a shred of moral left in her, she’d just have been fired.

Yet she wasn’t able to resist the temptation of money and went to steal valuables on her last day. And that was an opportunity that was created for her intentionally.

They took her to court for stealing afterward.

“Miss Gu, she’d spend some time in jail and won’t be able to victimize anyone else,” said Siyi calmly. “If she learns her lesson, her sentence will be reduced.”

Gu Shishi nodded; letting Siyi know that she understood what he meant.

She was not a saint and had no intention to speak up for Fan Qing, who had tried to set her up time and again.

And the stealing was all her own idea. Nobody framed her or made her do it.

All she could say was she asked for it herself.

If one could steal freely because there was no surveillance, then why did we still need the law?

There were naturally consequences for breaking the law.

That being said, Gu Shishi was still a little stunned.

The boss had always been a cute tsundere in her mind.

She hadn’t expected his measures to be so... battling the evil with evil. That was truly the act of a villain!

But then again, he did all those... for her. That made it impossible for her to find that repulsive.

In fact, that was a little... sweet?

Gu Shishi blushed a little and quickly calmed down.

She asked immediately. “How did he get sick that time?”

That all she could think about right now.

He got sick the same day that she did? Was it because of her?

Gu Shishi felt her heart pounding.

A rich and handsome man, somewhat of an introvert and somewhat cute. He seemed evil on the outside but he had done a lot for her behind her back. And he had gotten sick with her?

Oh boy! What kind of a Mary Sue plotline was this?

“What kind of illness? Mentally or physically?”

The boss only had two years left to live. Could this be the reason for his illness?

Siyi suddenly took a step back.

“That I can’t share, Miss Gu. That’s the boss’s personal matter. It’s best if you ask him yourself.”

“.... You think your boss will tell me?” Gu Shishi could do nothing but smile bitterly.

Siyi shook his head.

“Alright, alright. I won’t put you on the spot. You go and take care of what you need to. I should head into work as well.”

Gu Shishi looked at the time. This would have to wait.

When the next opportunity arose, she’d need to find out more about it!

***

9 AM.

Gu Shishi had left and had already started work at the studio.