The Tsundere Boss Was Displeased

Start from the beginning

Gu Shishi’s knees weakened, and she almost dropped to her knees.

If the fondness level continued to drop, it’d go back down to LV0...

All the life that she had saved up would be gone!

Boss... whatever had she done wrong?

Yet, it was already too late.

When she was receiving one impact after another from the system, the door to the study slammed shut in front of her!

The boss was nowhere to be seen when she looked up again.

Even if she wanted to earn more fondness, there was no stage for her to perform on...

“Oh, my gosh. I am going to die! I am going to die for real this time!”

“Master... I am going to come and meet with you soon...”

Gu Shishi just wanted to cry.

She had just taken a couple steps before she thought of something very important.

“It’s going to get rid of all my extra life? They will all be wasted? No way. I’d rather convert them all to skills instead of having them go to waste!”

She gritted her teeth.

The max life for LV2 was 7 days. If she returned to LV1, she’d only have a maximum of 5 days.

The two extra days would be lost.

What’s there to think about? She was going to spend all of them!

“Convert to beginner’s painting skill. For 4 hours!” said Gu Shishi with no hesitation.

[Maximum daily exchange: 10.] Came the cold system reminder.

“Oh!”

Gu Shishi plopped onto her giant bed and screeched like a marmot.

What a scam!

She quickly navigated to the [Merchandize] screen. Sure enough, there was a fine print there that she hadn’t noticed before.

Back then, she treasured her life a lot and her health bar being always low, so she had never converted over 3 times in a day.

Gu Shishi sighed again and resigned to looking at the only other merchandise.

[Diluted Version of Summer Day Balancing Lotion (10% effectiveness of the pills): 24 hours of life for 10 mL.]

So expensive... just looking at it made her feel like she was bleeding.

Plus, she had already had the actual pill and had no interest in the diluted version, but now she had no choice but to exchange for it.

“Give me 10 mL of it!”

[Delivered. Please confirm receipt.]

Her health bar dropped a big chunk immediately.

Gu Shishi clutched her heart painfully and pulled the balancing lotion out of the dimension.

10 mL of the balancing lotion sat inside a small, transparent bottle.

It looked just about the size of a bottle of nail polish.

This system was so frugal!

Gu Shishi admired it for a little bit and precisely tucked it away inside her drawer.

That a whole day of life right there!

She sat there, dazed, lamenting over her loss.

Gu Shish’s cellphone vibrated.

[MeowMeow: I had spoken with your store manager. She said it will be okay for you to teach offsite. But I will be attending classes onsite for the time being.]

She paused for a bit and the words “typing..” flickered on the screen.

Finally, a question came over.

[Do I need to bring anything? Pen? Paper? Your studio offers mainly gouache and oil painting lessons, right?]

Gu Shishi took a look and sighed sadly.

[You signed up for 5,000 yuan worth of lessons?]

If the boss continued to remain upset at her, she wouldn’t make it, and she wouldn’t be able to attend her 5,000 yuan worth of lessons.

This time around, the reply came even slower.

After a long while, Chen Kexin sent over a somewhat apologetic response.

[... I signed up for 50,000 yuan Ugh... when you start the offsite lessons. I will pay you separately for your travel time and transportation.]

Gu Shishi: “......”

At 300 yuan a class?

Has she gone insane?

She facepalmed herself and sent over to Chen Kexin her personal WeChat contact info. [You can contact me here for lesson-related matters. I only use this guru account to post my work.]

Another long silence.

Gu Shishi didn’t know that Chen Kexin was undergoing some serious struggles as they spoke.

Chen Kexin has yet to figure out who was in the right between Gu Shishi and Wushuang. For now, she only wanted to stay neutral.

She wanted to keep her distance with Gu Shishi and only contact her through her official means when necessary.

How did matters develop to the point that they had exchanged not one but two Wechat contacts? And that Gu Shishi was going to be her instructor?

She had prepaid such a large deposit. Didn’t that mean she’d be seeing Gu Shishi monthly, weekly, or even daily?!

That didn’t even cross her mind till Gu Shishi just pointed it out, and Chen Kexin was shocked by what she had done!

But now she could only comfort herself that she had nothing to lose.

A true oil painting master could sell their work for millions or tens of millions. Now she was willing to teach her, and the tuition was so cheap... and she might even teach her grandmother in the future as well and help her grandma feel less lonely and maybe even make her happier.

Any way she looked at it, she had nothing to lose!

Things had already come to this point, and she had already paid for her lessons. How could she possibly not add her instructor’s WeChat contact?

After some more struggle, Chen Kexin finally added Gu Shishi.

***

Gu Shishi quickly received the friend’s request from MeowMeow, and she accepted it within a second that it had come in.

She clicked open the chat window.

She was about to set the time of the first lesson with the girl and tell her what she needed to bring with her, but then something else caught her attention.

MeowMeow’s profile picture was the same as before, as was her WeChat ID.

Yet... there was a pink row of pink words after her WeChat alias.

[MeowMeow (Item that could earn her fondness had been unlocked: Summer Day Balancing Lotion)]

Gu Shishi reached up her hand and rubbed her eyes.

___