Like he will. Why would he do that when Jungkook is already here, offering his help so everyone can continue with their hike? Is this her way trying to get away from him? He won't take that.

"No, it's okay." he assures her, urging her to get on his back.

The second her arms are wrapped around his neck and her body safely hugged by his hands, he feels calmness in his chest though it doesn't match to his frantic heartbeat. Namjoon offers to help, informing he's got some stuff that might help her ankle as three of them separate from the rest of the group.

With Kiko still on her back, he listens to the ground scrunching against his and Namjoon's boots as Namjoon is walking a little bit at the front. She's silent and Jungkook nibbles on his bottom lip, not really sure if he should say something. Should he start a conversation? Fuck, he hates to be nervous. It feels so weird. He wants to make everything right and it causes his nerves to act up, but at the same time he feels calmness of having her close to him once again. It's just another reason that reminds him how much he misses her. Not only being close to her but being in her presence.

He wonders if she's just as nervous as he is. Does she want to start a conversation? Or does she just want to get out of here, so he is no longer holding her in his arms?

Oh, fuck. Y/N...

He realizes he left you there, not even acknowledging you properly as he just left. Idiot, idiot, idiot. He curses at himself, dread rushing over him.

He feels so fucking bad. Are you mad at him? Are you annoyed he left with Kiko? Well, there shouldn't be any reason for you to be actually mad at him because you're not dating. But nobody knows that. You must've looked like a fool, a fool he made out of you, for leaving with his ex and leaving his "girlfriend" without any words or explanation. But despite this, he still feels bad for you and not because of how it might have looked like for your fake act. You deserve better, fake dating or not. Fuck. He fucked up.

He was so blind with Kiko that he didn't think things through.

"Thank you for taking me," Kiko speaks up, sensing his tense body as she tightens her grip on him. "I appreciate it, but Hobi could've taken me. I don't want to cause any trouble between," she pauses, "you and Y/N." she adds softly.

Is that a pain he hears in her voice?

He lets her words sink in, wondering if she's saying all of this because she finds it weird how he left you there. Shit, he practically threw himself out there to help Kiko, instead of at least glancing at his "girlfriend". This might complicate things and it might make her suspect you two. It's already enough that Hoseok is suspicious about his sudden new relationship with his best friend.

He's not sure how he would feel if somebody found out about the fake dating. He guesses he would be embarrassed that he is going to such lengths for his ex-girlfriend that broke up with him. This way it sounds pathetic – he sounds pathetic. But he knows why he's doing it. He knows she still cares and there's something more to it.

Her reason behind their break up seems sketchy, and it's not because Jungkook can't reconcile with it. If she wasn't acting so weird, he would have to let her go and maybe he will have to. But he can sense there's a piece that is missing.

But most importantly, he would feel sorry for you because he dragged you into this. Sure, you agreed and you have a deal. It's simple and he doesn't want to overthink it. But he cares for you so much, he wouldn't want to put you in any humiliating position. Fuck. That thought makes his heart twist in a painful manner.

"Don't worry, there's no trouble." he assures her lightly.

Is he telling the truth though?

Are you mad at him?