Chapter 12

Nicolas

Tonight after another hike down the forest, the people from the camp hosted a 'pool party'. We will also roast marshmallows there. I'm kind of excited even though i don't like people that much. This is my first and probably last camp i've ever been to, so i might as well enjoy it. I shouldn't be stressing about the tiniest things.

"Hey, it's 1pm we should head out." I hear Theodore's voice coming from the bathroom.
"Yeah we should. Wait a second." I grabbed my phone and dialed Mia's number. I'm not the jealous type of a guy, but i'm worried. She hasn't called me and i haven't talked to her since yesterday.

The number you have dialed is not in the service at this time. You can leave a message right after the beep.

beep

What the hell is she doing? She always picks up. I turn my phone off and sigh. Her phone is probably dead and she forgot to charge it. I shouldn't overthink this.

Theodore comes out of the bathroom. "You ready?"

"Yeah." I stand up and go open the door for him. He smiles and walks out. I do the same and i don't forget to lock the door after.

We go to the main hall where Mumma Martha is already preparing to her awful whistle at the many teenagers chatting in front of her.

I look around only to find Jeremy and Mia chatting in the corner, Mia leaning against Jeremy. And when i tell you their faces were close, i mean on the verge of kissing. They were both smiling and looking into each other's eyes. I tilted my head and raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"When did Mia and Jeremy become such good friends?" I crossed my arms. No response. I turned my head to look at Theodore and his eyes were fixated on the two, he had this weird expression on his face. He looked kind of like... disgusted?
Maybe he was jealous of Mia, i mean- him and Jeremy came to this camp together so they are obviously really good friends.

This atmosphere felt weird for some reason... but today i'm happy so i brushed it off and started walking towards the two.

"Hey y'all" I smiled and jumped to hug them both. They looked a little shocked to see me come put of nowhere, but that's okay.

"Mia you didn't call me at all, was everything okay? How was the night in the tent?" I grabbed Mia's shoulders.

"It was amazing" She grinned. "Um, also my phone died so i couldn't call you. And Jeremy doesn't have your number so.."

"Ah, i thought so. It's alright i was just worr-" I get cut off by a whistle. Mumma Martha should really chill out with those whistles to be completely honest. I laugh a little at my own nickname for her.

--

I ended up with stings and a bloody knee, but this hike was better than the last one. Now we are in our room and Theodore's dabbing my knee with a tampon. "Does it hurt too bad?" He looks up at me. "Just a little" I put on a little smile, and he goes back to rescuing my knee.

"Yo guys we should probably get ready for the party, eh?" Jeremy sticks his head out of the bed. "Yeah, just a sec" Mumbled Theodore and continued dabbing on my knee. After a while he patted my knee. "Okay it's all done." He claps. "Thanks doc" I giggle.