Hҽαɾƚʂ, Sραԃҽʂ, αɳԃ α Gαɱҽ σϝ Cαƚƈԋ.

Aϝƚҽɾ Sƈԋσσʅ ιɳ ƚԋҽ Cαϝҽƚҽɾια

Y/n's POV

"I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!"

"At least after washing, we can head back over to the kitchen to pick up dinner. The Chefs are making a special request for us, but it's a surprise Grim, and I know you are going to love it. You deserve it for helping me in the Library, cleaning all the hard to reach places."

I cleverly enticed the magical feline, hoping he holds out a little longer with me.

His little ear flames fluttered and shined a little brighter, with a groan of frustration. "What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!" Grim levitates and perches himself on my shoulder. Adjusting my shoulder from the sudden weight, I shrug my free shoulder.

"Who knows, he probably got held up by one of his Professors. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt Grim." I persuaded Grim to think about that possible outcome. He stays silent as he watches the clock and I keep my eyes on the giant doors.

5 Mιɳυƚҽʂ...

15 Mιɳυƚҽʂ...

Hαʅϝ αɳ Hσυɾ...

Grim's growls soon turn into one giant frustrated yowl. "... And now he's super late! I bet he bailed on us!"

Feeling a tempest of betrayal and fury swirl in my heart, cracking my knuckles menacingly, I march straight for the Cafeteria's doors. "Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him!" Grim barks.

"Whatever lame ass excuse he has, he's dead when I see him! Job or no job, he was punished too and needs to suck it up!"

Grim hops off my shoulder and lands on the ground in front of me, placing both paws on the doors. "C'mon Y/n. I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' these damn windows!"

Nodding in agreement, I place my hands on the doors and shove them open with aggression. With haste I quickly march over to where the First Year Classrooms are located, down the exterior corridor, through the interior hallways.

Reaching the first door on my right, the plaque reads 1-A, entering inside the classroom my eyes flitted about the empty desks. Grim squeezes past my legs and calls the flaky bastard out.

"Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya! I'm sure Y/n would love to smack you around again and pummel you good!"

The little feline reaches a desk and climbs on top of it to look around to see that it's empty. "Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?"

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here." A voice speaks up. Our heads turn simultaneously to face a Painting on the wall, the painting was of an old noble-looking man. Grim lauches his body into my chest latching on, quaking in fright.

"BWWWAAAHHH! That painting just talked!" On reflex I wrap my arms around his furry body to hold him and stare at the painting in stunned silence.

The Painting raises a well painted eyebrow in apathy, as if this happens all the time. "Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school? The Lady in this portrait on that wall talks too. As does the Gentleman in the portrait on this one."