Chapter 2 - Proposition

Start from the beginning

He says as he shakes her hand. After the interaction, all five of them enter the room. Aponivi motions Jason to take a seat as he does himself.

Aponivi: So, Jason, I originally wanted to discuss with you living in our territory for some time now but since you never actually hunted in our territory, I never requested your presence sooner. But since you started hunting and hunted close to our den, I thought it was time to introduce ourselves.

As he finished this thought, Jason chimed in for his side.

Jason: I knew you guys were out here for quite some time, not as anthros, something my people would call you guys, but in your four-legged wolf forms. I never expected to be dragged here to meet the Alpha on my hunting trip; however, I did expect to meet predators in the woods so I wanted to get more kills to share. Ever since I was building my home, I knew I was being watched but not by you guys.

Aponivi was surprised at how Jason knew of their presence even before he got dragged here. Aponivi thought of ways that he would have stood out but nothing came to mind.

Jason: I only knew of your guy's presence due to me being watchful when I was inside, I saw movement through my window and expected it to be predators.

Aponivi then understood how they were known.

Jason: Now knowing you guys, Id like to say that I mean no harm to you guys, I like to live in peace and the forest has been one of my dream areas to live in.

Aponivi nods at Jason.

Aponivi: I understand Jason, and when I was told about your venture into the deep forest I was told of your camp and was suspected of your hunting, I only requested your presence since I feared that hostility would come and could cause unnecessary deaths due to competition between us for food. But with you giving us the deer as a peace offering, I am willing to offer you a proposition.

Jason is intrigued at Aponivi this offer. He wonders what this offer is and if they would accept him living in their territory.

Aponivi: I will allow you to stay in our territory only if you assist us in gathering food, If you can go this long without hunting deer, there be another means of your survival out here.

Jason understands the offer he is being given, although he expected to live in some predator's territory, he never expected to be in their territory. He thought of adding a request to it.

Jason: I accept your offer, and when you guys need hunting, I would like to request something.

Aponivi: And what would that be Jason?

Jason: When you send out a hunting party and need me, send out those two to get me. I only trust them so far at this moment.

He says while pointing to Kotori and Kaya. Kaya's ears spring up at the sound of them being talked about. Aponivi then nods and looks back at his children.

Aponivi: Kotori, Kaya, are you alright with this proposition?

Kaya thinks about it a little bit but remembers his shot at the two deer. She then nods in agreement. Kotori on the other hand is a bit skeptical about this due to his trust in the human. Regardless, he agrees but internally will be keeping an eye on him.

Kaya: If you are alright with this father then I am willing to retrieve Jason for our hunting parties.

Kotori: Same here.

Aponivi then stands up and holds out his hand. Jason also stands up and shakes his hand.

Aponivi: Thank you for agreeing to help us Jason, I will announce this later.