"Why do you think it's unlike him?" He asked, frowning slightly as he set the cat down gently.

   Elijah scowled. "Don't tell me you also believe what they say about him on TV. "Judge Kang, the hero of justice who sided with the weak."."

   "So he isn't?" He didn't miss that she didn't mention Ji Eun. She never does.

   "As I thought, you are dumb." Elijah scoffed. "This cat here, she still catches mice even when we feed her everyday. Can you guess why?"

   "Well..."

   "Because it's fun. She's only doing it for fun. Because she's bored. How do you think Yo Han became the master of this house?" A dark look came over the young girl's face.

   "Then what about Judge Song?" Ga On asked quietly.

   "When it comes to Ji Eun... she's the perfect lackey for him. She'll never question him, his word is her law. But that doesn't mean she isn't capable of fighting for herself. In fact, I'd say she is even more dangerous than Yo Han."

   Ga On seized his chance. "How so?"

   Elijah stared at him for a long moment, making him wonder if he had pushed too far. Then, "Because once anyone messes with her, there's no second chance. She'll destroy them so thoroughly and so quietly, you can't pin anything on her even if you knew. She knows no mercy."

   She knows no mercy.

   She knew no mercy when she stood in front of the burning bar that had been pimping out girls and made business in human trafficking. She had known no mercy when she had spiked that CEO's drink to fall asleep in his car while driving down the lane, where she had called for the prosecutor and the lawyer to meet her.

She never hesitated to kill. She had lost too much on giving people second chances. Anyone who crossed her once, shall have no chance to do it again. She would protect her people even if it meant losing herself.

   The scars that ran down her body, were a reminder of what she lost, and of what she was. She was no pillar of morals or a vassal for justice. She only sought to protect her own, even if it made her inhuman. Behind the gentle smile and amused gaze, lay a darkness so black that it consumed her, body and soul. That gentle lilt to her voice can suddenly turn sharper than the sharpest knives in the world. Behind that sympathetic gaze, was one that calculated everything.

   To survive in this hellish life, one had to become a monster themselves, for she had learnt that only a monster can stand against other monsters. So it was no surprise, that she was the Devil Judge's henchman, his lover, and, if he so wished, his assassin. It took a lot to turn a gentle soul as Ji Eun so ruthless. She danced along the edge of sanity, as if she were dancing across a tightrope, one wrong step could let her fall into the abyss.

   Her violin was the only thing that made her remember that there was once a time when things looked hopeful, when it seemed as if she could finally gain what she had lost. When Yo Han had laughed more, when she had finally held Elijah for the first time in her scarred, trembling arms; when the pain of their past finally seemed to start fading, when she had laughed for the first time after her abduction.

   When she looked at the stringed instrument, she remembered how she had played for the Kang family on Christmas, laughing at Elijah's delighted squealing, returning the happy smile that Yo Han smiled at her. It was last time she had laughed so freely. And the last time she had felt like anything other than a monster.

She never regretted it, not once. No matter how sick it had made her at the beginning, no matter how devastated those men's family had been, she didn't regret it. She had once been gentle, kind. But that sweetness cost her more than she ever knew. Her father had been an honest man all his life. He would be terrified if he saw her now. Disgusted, at what she had become. The daughter he had taught to be kind and forgiving no matter what happened, was now a monster driven by rage and vengeance.