4

...Unless he could find a way to cut off the engagement himself?

"...!" Levi yelped as he was heaved even further up by the knees as you reached for the handle of the library. The sound of the door creaking open entered his ears.

...Right, he was with you at the moment.

Leviathan was brought back to reality. His legs didn't hurt as much, really. Just a bit, now that he'd rested them.

"...Is this normal?" Levi couldn't help but ask. You hummed in confusion as you proceeded to seat him down in a comfortable chair by the table.

"What is?"

"Um..." He pondered to himself on how to elaborate it exactly without sounding so suspicious.

- - - 

"You shouldn't stomp your legs too much if they're the first time you've ever had any."

- - -

"..." Leviathan stiffened at his recollection. "You...!"

"I...?" You nonchalantly sauntered to the shelf behind Levi and began to scan the titles printed legibly on the side. Sliding a finger beneath the roof of the shelf and above the book, you delicately separated a book and set it on your arms.

"You...Do you know...?"

"Know what, exactly?" You continued scanning the books neatly organized. "I need you to elaborate with more clarity."

"Uh..." Leviathan scratched his head nervously.

"...I should take this to my study later." You muttered to yourself before turning back to Levi's spot and setting the books in front of him on the table.

"Anyway, what do you think I know?" You sat down next to him and took the second book from the stack. Levi fidgeted on the spot, to which you noted silently.

"About...my legs." He paused. "You told me not to stomp them...when it's the first time I've ever had any...?"

"..."

"..." Levi grew even more nervous at your silence. Not even the sound of you flipping over a few pages could be heard, meaning you had paused.

He nearly trembled with how anxious this was driving him. If you knew so quickly, should he just come clean now before you do something because of his plot?

"...I'm a me–"

"I was merely jesting, Levi."