Chapter 48 - Project Fukitsu

Start from the beginning

Rakurai and Shiro nod as the car turns into the complex of Tatsume Tech's main building. The car is stopped by the security at the gate.

"Name and Department please." The guard asks them.

"Tomehaga Sassorri. Research and Development." Tomehaga (Scorpion) answers.

"Charlotte Octavia

"Charlotte Octavia. Research and Development." Charlotte answers.

"And who are the gentlemen and lady over there?" The guard asks them.

"They are our plus-ones for the party." Charlotte answers. The guard nods, walking back to his station and opening the gate for the car.

"Rakurai, Shiro, welcome to Tatsume Tech." Tomehaga says as they drive into the building, stopping at the main entrance. The group gets out of the car and passes a security check before heading to the ballroom where the party was being held. The four quickly find a table for them to occupy.

"Why don't you two stay here for some time. We'll meet the boss and let him know what we're here." Charlotte says. "We'll be back to pick you up for the meeting."

"Feel free to have some drinks; it's all on the house. Just don't have too much or we'll be in trouble." Tomehaga warns them as he walks away from the table with Charlotte.

"So, why join all this?" Rakurai asks Shiro, picking up two glasses of Champagne from a waiter.

"Call it a personal grudge." Shiro answers.

"Against Spider-Man or heroes in general?" Rakurai asks him.

"Both." The man answers.

"I feel ya." Rakurai tells him. "The hero's side, at least. What did the Spider do?"

"Tell me what he didn't do? The dude's been a pain in the ass. I've been in and out of the lock-up three times because of him. And that's just in the last year. And about ten times in the last 3-something years." Shiro explains.

"3 years? I thought this dude has been around for like two years or something." Rakurai says.

"Not really, Spider-Man has been around in Japan for the last 12 years now." Shiro explains.

"10 years?!!" Rakurai comments. "Get out! How is he so bad with combat then!!!"

"He was much better at fighting a few years ago. Now he's just brute force and webs. It's weird." Shiro comments.

"How was he before?" Rakurai questions.

"He used to be more... how should I put it... innovative with his fighting style. He would attack only when needed. He seemed much more matured and calmer. At least compared to the one we fought." Shiro explains.

"Did the other spider also crack jokes like this one?" Rakurai asks him.

"Unfortunately, yes. But his jokes were better." Shiro says causing Rakurai to laugh. "What about you?"