𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"y/n!" Nanami is quickly after you, making sure to keep himself dry as he stares at you like a mad woman. "What are you doing? You will get wet."

You laugh, "I'm being held like a prisoner, this is the least of my worries."

Nanami stands by your side again and you let the umbrella cover your now wet body. You enter the palace and instantly shiver at how much colder it is. You won't regret going into the rain, but only that Toji was the first person you see when turning the corner.

He pauses, to take in your slightly trembling body. You hadn't seen him for two days and now was not the right time. "Having fun are we?" he points to the outside where you just came from. "Did a little rain dance?"

"Well, I haven't showered in almost three days so I'll take the rain."

Toji gives you a glance over, stopping at your chest and letting his tongue run over his bottom lip. You look down to see that the coldness has made your nipples visible through the thin dress. With a small gasp, you cover yourself with your arms. Toji didn't seem to care that he had just gotten caught which made you want to roll your eyes, but you refrained. "Now who's staring at who like a piece of meat?" you ask, holding his eyes.

"Just making an observation, Koneko." he begins to pass you before quickly stopping him.

"Wait!" you follow him until he stills. Toji doesn't look back at you but turns his head to give you a look at his side profile. Your eyes land on the scar that made your pulse quicken and hope that Toji doesn't notice your lingering stare. "I know you hate me but.. can I please have some socks, you have to have a pair to spare in a house like this."

Toji now looks down at your bare feet that were visible from under the wet dress. Something that looked like empathy flashed in his eyes before returning back to the cold nothingness emotion was back on his face.

"Spare? Yes. For you? No. You're lucky to even have access to my maid's bathroom." he said instead, leaving you cold and barefoot next to his maid's bathroom.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You were lying on the lonely mattress when the door opened, making your head look up in confusion. "Look what I found snooping around." Confusion quickly turns into panic when you see your twin sisters walking in with a pissed-off Toji behind them.

"Melina! Dioni! What are you doing here?" quickly run through the door to hug them but are stopped when Toji pulls back the fabric of your dress to stop you. "Let me go." you look up at him and attempt to get away from his grasp.

"Five minutes." is all he says, reminding you of what you would tell your mamma when needing extra time to just be alone.

Thankful for even that amount of time, you nod. "Five minutes," you repeat and watch as he walks out of the room, shutting and locking the door again.

Your sisters are the ones to run up to you first. Tears fill your eyes from having them in your arms again, knowing they are safe. "What are you two doing here? Don't you know how dangerous it is?" you begin to question and check to see if they had gotten hurt while in the care of Toji.

Melina was the first to speak, "After two days of no contact we knew we had to find you." her eyes were letting tears out more freely while Dioni was silently trying to keep it together. "Mamma and Papà were furious once news broke that you ran away. Now that they know you crossed the city line, they are mourning the loss of their daughter and want justice. They think Toji kidnapped you. Clearly, he was right!" she gestures to the state of your cell called a "room".