Chapter 5: Hero's Soup

"Can everyone please stop staring at me," Han sighed, his eyes guiltily meeting everyone's gaze, "I said I was sorry?"

"Out of everything you could've thrown, Han Jisung, you threw the one thing we need?" Nari scolded harshly, pointing her hand to his figure. 

"First of all, that's our guns, not yours," Felix, who was sitting next to Jisung, said. "Don't talk to him as if you helped. At least he did something instead of standing." 

"Oh she did do something, she slept with someone else's boyfriend-" Chaeryeong started before Minho covered her mouth, pulling her shoulder down to make her sit next to him. 

Nari, for what felt like the thousandth time since she entered the room, rolled her eyes. "You all need to get over yourselves. If you did, you would see that Yeonjun's hand is cut,"

Yeonjun, who was unaware of his now injury, looked at his hand. "Oh, this? This was from the mop I used to save all of you. Don't be a bitch now."

"I'm not trying to be a bitch, I'm warning all of you. Once he turns into a zombie you all will thank me and everyone in this room will die."

"And where are you going if he does?" Y/N asked, standing up from the corner to approach her brother, with a med kit in hand. "Come on Jjunie, let's cover it in case zombie blood goes in there and ends up actually infecting you. We don't know what that she-devil will pull, she might intentionally smear blood on you."

Y/N crouched down next to her brother to clean the cut, with Yeonjun's occasionally wincing from the sting of the alcohol. Changbin and Seungmin got up to push the cabinet filled with files of students in front of the window to block it. 

"Do you guys smell that?" Huening Kai asked, quickly running to the window to stop Changbin and Seungmin, and he peered out to check. "There are flames coming out the window from three rooms away from us. I really hate to say it but, we need to get out of here if we don't want to burn alive. Grab everything." 

With Huening Kai alerting everyone, the students quickly stood up and started placing all of the food back into their purses, grabbing the guns and putting them in their pockets. Thankfully, alongside the guns that they found were gun slings, and they were able to strap them in. As everyone searched the room for anything valuable, Y/N found bags that had more first aid kits in them, alongside blankets and knives. 

"Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, here," She called, tossing them the three other bags. They secured it by tying the excess of the bag strap around their waist. 

"How are we getting out?" Jisung asked, taking the purses of the girls who were holding the first aid backpacks and putting them around his body. 

"Hold on, we need to plan it out," Bang Chan stated, looking out the window, his eyes scrunching because of the smoke heading their way. "There, you see the school bus, right? The one near the gun Jisung dropped? It's running still, so that means the keys are inside, let's just hope there are no zombies."

"I said I was sorry!"

"Chan, did you not hear what Chaeryeong said?" Hyunjin asked, ignoring Han's whining. "The gates are all locked. It's school hours when this started."

"Then I'll unlock it."

"No! What? Chan are you crazy?" Jennie questioned. "You're not going to do that."

"It'll be fine. Someone else with a gun watches for the zombies and I'll sneak into the security guard's quarter and just press the button," Chan explained, "It'll be fine."

"Okay, let's trust Chan and do it," Minho spoke, "Everyone stay between the people with guns. Be quick as possible and don't let them bite you,"

Once everyone was secured and the guns were ready to be used, Lee Know opened the door. Surprisingly, not a single zombie was waiting for them as the door opened, but instead, they were gathered around the fire that they most likely had just created.