Chapter 33 - Awkward encounter

Alexander's pov:

Due to recent events, the Council decided to meet with all the Alphas and give us instructions on the fugitives' subject. The meeting would be held in the Black Moon's pack territory. Orestes, in addition to being the Alpha of this pack, was one of my best friends and the Council's most trusted allies.

The place was deliberately chosen as we had to be very careful. With Bartholomew out of prison, we were afraid of reprisals. Many Alphas were still loyal to him and his gang. Although all the known members of his gang were caught, we suspected that there were many more that secretly helped him in his illegal activities. Now that he was out they wouldn't hesitate to help him again in any way possible for a good price.

It was Friday night when most of the Alphas started arriving. The meeting was supposed to take place the next morning, but many of them were far away from their homes and preferred to arrive a day earlier. I had taken five warriors with me, Alina and Cassandra who begged me to accompany us. I had no intention of taking Cassandra with me, but she insisted, saying that her brother lived there, and she wanted to see him. Knowing that she would not be alone during the meeting, I decided to take her with me.

I don't know why, but this girl literally managed to steal my heart. I love her as my little sister and I can't deny her anything. I want her always to be happy and safe. I have developed several feeling for her, especially brotherly.

We have arrived at the Black Moon pack since that morning. We were able to rest and I was given the opportunity to talk with many other Alphas about quite a few topics.

I searched for Elektra but I wasn't able to find her. Eventually I was told that she hadn't come yet. Maybe she won't come after what happened. It's her father we're going to talk about anyway. I understand that the subject is delicate and it will make her feel very uncomfortable. Although I'm sure that even if she does eventually come, she'll refuse to speak to me in person. She already made it clear last time that she wanted nothing to do with me. The truth is that it will be very difficult for me to accept it and coexist in the same room with her but the facts are too important to ignore.

The evening has already come and after we had our dinner at the pack restaurant, I decided to take a walk and relax from the tension of the day. I was walking around the garden enjoying its beauty and looking at the stars when Cassandra approached me.

-"At last I found you!" she said giving me a big smile of satisfaction.

-"Why were you looking for me?" I wondered.

-"Alpha Orestes wants to talk to you but he couldn't find you anywhere" she answered.

-"That's strange...I told him before I left that I would be here..."

-"I don't know....maybe he forgot it" she explained.

-"Maybe..." I repeated. "I should go then... Did he tell you where I can find him?"

-"There is no need to rush. He is in a meeting with his pack members as we speak"

-"Then why did he call for me?" I asked her irritated.

-"I.....I.... really don't know...He just told me to find you......" she replied, frightened by my behavior. I don't usually act like this, but the previous thought of not seeing Elektra or worse being rejected by her makes me angry and frustrated.

-"It's ok! I don't blame you for anything. It isn't your fault. I am just tired that's all. I apologize for the way I talked to you before....." I tried to sooth her.

-"You don't need to apologize to me. Do you.........do...you..... mind if I stay here and enjoy the view with you?" she asked timidly after several minutes of absolute silence.