Easy Job hunting

《CHAPTER 1》

As we have settled into our new abode, Olivia has thought about the idea of having a pet. She thinks it would be therapeutic for the two of us, I agreed obviously.

I was walking around the small town and saw a few elderly women looking me up and down, they seemed disgusted. I was only wearing a simple red and white pockadotted sun dress with some red sneakers. I didn't pay to much attention to the random stares of the town folk. I walked passed many stores now seeing I was in the market part of the town, I was walking into the stores seeing if they had any available jobs, but to no avail.

I looked around and saw some kids playing around in the dirt, I smiled as I watched them laughing obnoxiously. There was a man behind them sitting in a rocking chair, his hat was pulled down to cover his face from the sun, the chair swung back and forth slightly.

I walked over and said hi to the children.

"Hewwo miss." A young boy said he looked around 3 or 4 years of age. He had short black hair, the fringe covered his hazel eyes. His rosey cheeks darkened as he looked down at the ground flustered at my arrival. "Did we do something bad?" One of the other kids look worried grabbing the hem of her torn shirt. Her face and hands were covered in dirt and blood.

"Did you hurt yourself sweetheart?" I tilted my head as I poked her tummy gently, she giggled and nodded. "Where?" I got to my knees and front of her, she lifted her arm up and I saw a scrap that had dried up blood surrounding it. My eyes softened at the small wound and I asked if she wanted a bandaid, she nodded. I grabbed her small hand and walked to one of the stores that had medicine inside, I bought a packet of bandaids and placed two onto her elbow. "Here give it to your friends if they get hurt as well." I smiled at her and she gave me one back, she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you miss." She said as she ran off to her friends, I could see from afar that she was showing it off to her smaller friends, they awed at her. I rubbed my thumb agaisnt where the little girl had kissed me, it felt nice to be around kids again, after everything that had happened with mine.

I walked a bit further into town and saw a butchers and bakery (from another leatherface fanfiction), it had a sign on the glass door saying it was opened and below it said 'Butchers for hire' I fisted the air in excitement as I pushed the doors opened, I heard the bell chime as I opened it the whole way, the cool aircon made chills run through my spine, goosebumps ran all over my body, it felt nice.

A small old woman walked up to me greeting my presence, she had such a sweet face. "Hello darling, you don't seem like you're from around here?" She laughed quietly to herself and I scratched the back of my neck embarrassed that I was called out so quickly. "I'll take that as a yes." She laughed once again but a little louder this time. She grabbed both of my hands and patted them, she looked at me in my eyes then spoke. "What brings you into my shop, meat? Bread?" She asked but I was still processing the look she gave me.

"Job." Was all I could muster to say. She reached her frail hand up and onto my shoulder she squeezed lightly.

"You know how to butcher a pig?" She seemed confused about my hands, they were soft and small, like a flower while most butchers hands were rough and scared like a whipped bull. I nodded my head, but as I nodded I saw something out the corner of my eye move. I turned my head towards the movement to see a man peaking through a doorway from the kitchen I presume.

This man was huge, in length and width. I could see he had large eyes but I couldn't identify the colour sadly. His brown shoulder length hair complemented his features that I could see from where I was standing with the woman. She saw where my eyes were looking and her expression change.

"That's my son Thomas, sweet boy I promise you." I slowly turned my head while my eyes stayed on Thomas. My eyes soon found themselves on hers.

"I know a sweet boy when I see one, he seems gentle." She saw me smile with a slight redness forming on my cheeks.

"I promise you he is gentle, especially with his old mama." She joked playfully smacking me on my arm, I laughed along side her. She soon clicked her fingers together and pointed towards the roof like she just remembered something. "So can you do this job?" She turned her back towards me to pick something that had falling off the shelf, I stumbled on my words but still managed to get something out.

"Yes... I believe so mrs." I nodded along with what I said and she stood back up once she had finally picked up the small item, she puts it into its rightful place. Before she could see where I was looking I looked towards where her son was, but he must of went back to work as now I could hear chops of a meat kleaver in the back of the shop. I turned my head to face her as she had walked to grab a muffin from one of the glass display cabinets.

"Well then, I better introduce you to the person you will be working with." I looked at her stunned.

"Just like that?" I asked her.

"Just like that."

Words: 1000