Chapter Four: The Fall of SHIELD

After being arrested by the STRIKE team that was unknowingly HYDRA. Steve was still stunned at the sight of his once thought dead friend. Bucky.

Steve muttered under his breath, still hurting. "It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

Sam looked at him confused. "How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago."

Natasha was seen leaning her head against the back of the van. The bullet hole in her shoulder bleeding heavily. Man, Percy was so going to kill her when she got to her.

Steve remembered what happened during WWII. "Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..."

Natasha interjected. "None of that's your fault, Steve."

Steve responded, just as tired. "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Sam notices Natasha is bleeding from her shoulder and looks at the guards.

Sam spoke up. "We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck. Not to mention her girlfriend is going to be really pissed if she dies on us." Suddenly one of the guards pulls out an electric rod and neutralizes the other guard and knocks him out, the guard is revealed to be Hill as she takes off her helmet.

Maria groaned in pain. "Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Sam looks at her in confusion. She looked over to Steve. "Who's this guy?" Rumlow's crew stop their vehicles and get out. She then looks towards Natasha with a smirk. "Percy is going to be so pissed that you got hurt and she couldn't do anything about it." Natasha rolled her eyes and leaned her head back.

He orders them. "Three holes. Start digging." They go over to the van holding Steve, Sam and Natasha and as they open the door they find it empty with one of the guards left unconscious and massive burnt whole on the car floor.

AT THE HIDEOUT.

Sam helps Natasha out of the van while wrapping an arm around her shoulders. As the doctor approaches them, Maria calls out. "GSW. She's lost at least a pint."

Sam calls out afterwards. "Maybe two."

The doctor replies. "Let me take her."

Maria glances at him. "She'll want to see them." Hill takes them to Fury who's alive and lying in bed, Percy is sitting up. Flexing the plastic prosthetic that the doctor had given her for temporary use. The trio look at the both of them in shock.

Percy notices them and immediately heads towards Natasha. "You're such a hypocrite, you know that?" She asked with a teasing smirk and leads her over to her bed. She begins to use the within the air to pull the bullet out of the wound and close it up. Leaving only a scar.

"Why the hell didn't you do that for me, Jackson?" Fury asked with a mock glare. Percy rolled her eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Not sure if you know this, but using my abilities to heal takes a lot out of me. It's why I'm not a healer." She replied sarcastically, knowing the director was only joking but still it annoyed her a little bit.

Natasha stifled a laugh, looking up into Percy's eyes. "You're the greatest, you know that? And I'm sorry I got hurt. I was trying protect as many civilians as possible." Percy kissed the top of her hand.

"It's ok, Love. You're here and you're safe, that's all that I care about." She sat down besides Natasha and leaned into her side. Fury subtly smiled at the two women. Happy for both of them, then he realized that they must have gotten together after he got shot and groaned at having to give Hill fifty bucks because he lost the bet.