"Well, shall we?"

They, again, all nodded (I had expected them all to agree to go in), and we all headed toward the alley. It was exactly as it had appeared the last time — cobble-paved path, brick walls, arched ceiling. We were calmer this time as we walked through, but I did wonder if we'd end-up at the same spot again? Was it going to be 1882? Was it going to be the same day? A different day? A different year? Or era? Of course, I didn't tell them all of this because I didn't want to scare or worry them. I just hoped for the best but expected the worst. We continued to head toward the other end of the alley. The distance felt shorter this time. As we walked through, we remembered what happened to our clothes, and decided to pay attention this time. When we thought to look down at our clothes, they had already changed. We figured it must have happened when we were about half of the way there. We didn't feel anything as our clothes changed, but thought, in that moment, that it would have been really cool to witness. When we finally got to the other end of the alley, we walked out onto the sidewalk, right in the same spot where we were the last time. The street was the same, so were the buildings. This time, instead of going left, we went right. We wanted to explore a different area. There was a tailor, a hat maker, a seamstress, the local grocery store and even a candy shop. We even walked by a blacksmith making horseshoes.

"I wish I had my phone with me so I could take photos and videos." I whispered to them very well knowing that having our cell phones with us, and using them, would have caused chaos and probably would have caused problems for us. Not being able to have them was definitely for the best. Especially for me since I LOVE taking pictures and videos, specifically of things I know I won't see again for a while, or things I'm seeing for the first time. Can you imagine the reaction if someone saw a cell phone in 1882? We'd definitely stick out like sore thumbs. As we walked around, looking at the different types of stores, I wondered... If I bought something in 1882, would it disappear when we got back? Or would it survive the trip? I don't think I have to tell you that I had fully intended to find out.

Not that I didn't love Muskoka and the current time we were living in, but there was something about being in 1882 that was... I don't know... how can I describe it? Different is too obvious of a word because... well... it was EXTREMELY different. It doesn't even need to be said. I don't know what word to use. I didn't know then, and to this day, I still don't know. Anyway, this time we kept an eye on the time, remembering that the time there was about 3 hours ahead of our real time. We had a much more leisurely stroll this time around. People who we passed by smiled and/or waved, some even said hello. The majority of them seemed very friendly! It was kind of like Muskoka in present day - people there also tend to be friendly and wave hello as they walk by. Anyway, as we strolled through the streets, I had an idea, and a curiosity.

"Guys, I was wondering... if we buy something in this era, I wonder if it will survive the trip through the alley into our era."

"You know what Clara, that's a great question! Now that you mention it, I'm wondering the same thing!"

"Sara, you mean to tell me you hadn't thought of this before Clara mentioned it?"

"No Jamie, it didn't cross my mind. Why? Did you?"

"Actually, I did."

"Well why didn't you say anything then?"

"Because Clara beat me to it."

"Guys, guys, relax." Noticing that they were both getting each other frustrated for some reason, Amy tried to calm them down. "You don't need to get upset with each other."

"You're right Amy. I'm sorry Jamie. I shouldn't have gone after you like that."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten mad with you. It's not a big deal that you didn't think of it before."