20

The teens and Luci gathered in Scott's kitchen. Three Macs were set up on the island in the middle of the kitchen. Kira studied the set-up. "Is three enough?"

Stiles shrugged. "Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Are we really doing this?"

Scott nodded. "We're doing it. Tonight."

Liam frowned at Scott. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

Stiles turned to him. "It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic."

"Have you guys ever done something like this before?"

Luci smiled. "I love dangerous."

Scott turned to Kira and Liam. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

Liam shook his head. "I'm not scared."

Stiles let out a sigh. "Then you're borderline idiotic. If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira questioned.

Scott's gaze shifted to her. "Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required."

Stiles nodded. "Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So you don't get paid if you kill someone on the deadpool and can't send proof," Luci said and Kira nodded.

Liam frowned. "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?"

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead," Scott answered.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list," Stiles added.

"So if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam began.

Scott nodded at his beta. "He's going to have to come get it himself."

Later, at the morgue, Melissa sighed. "I still hate this plan. I mean, this is pretty significantly terrifying. He looks dead."

"Give me your hand," Mrs. Yukimura replied.

Melissa did so and Stiles told her, "It's okay. Just wait."

She felt a faint heartbeat and looked up at Mr. Yukimura. "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?"

Mrs. Yukimura nodded. "Enough for an Alpha."

"How much time do we have?" Melissa asked.

"Forty-five minutes."

"What happens after that?"

"I bring him back," Kira answered.

Melissa shook her head. "No, I mean, what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?"

Mrs. Yukimura looked at each of them. "No one's told her?"

Melissa frowned. "What? What happens after forty-five minutes?"

"He dies."

Stiles left to help Argent and Luci went with him.

Argent typed something and Stiles frowned. "That's your assassin speak?"

The werewolf hunter looked down at him. "I said he's dead. What more do you want?"

Stiles shrugged. "It was a little dry. You could've said something like, "Target has been neutralized. The crow flies at midnight." That's always cool."

"Hmm," Argent hummed, frowning. "Stiles, you need to focus. Type this. 'Visual confirmation isn't possible. Police coming to claim body in forty minutes.' Tell him number two on the list is dead. I killed him. And if the wire transfer isn't completed in forty minutes..."

In a hospital room, Stiles, Kira, Liam and Luci were staring at the computer monitors. They were focused on numerous areas in the hospital. The camera on the roof went out and Liam pointed to it. "Is it supposed to do that?"

Stiles shook his head. "No. No, it's not."

Kira frowned. "Where is that?"

"Someone needs to check out the roof," Luci told them.

Kira nodded. "I'll go."

Stiles shook his head and stopped her. "Whoa, whoa. This might not just be a malfunction."

She gave him a smile and held up her katana. "That's why I'm bringing this."

"I'm coming with you," Liam said, jumping up.

Stiles nodded. "Okay. And you're both coming right back. Immediately." He sighed. "Kids."

Luci looked at the computer screen. "Stiles."

Stiles and Luci ran up to Argent and he said, "The power's out in the whole building. I lost all the cameras."

"Stay with Scott. Text me if you hear anything," Argent told them.

Back in the morgue, Stiles and Luci heard noises and she looked at him. "Call Argent. Something's wrong."

He nodded and dialed Argent's number. "Come on, come on. Answer the phone, Argent. Come on, Argent, answer the phone. Why are you not answering the phone?"

Argent came flying into the room and landed on the floor. "I was right. Stiles, Luci, get out of here."

Kate entered the morgue and said, "Get out of the way, Stiles. I'm taking the body."

Stiles asked, "Why? Visual confirmation?"

Kate smiled at him. "Don't worry, handsome. I'm not the Benefactor."

"Oh, you're not?" Luci said. "But you are a bad person and I excel at punishing bad people."

Argent frowned at his sister. "Then what do you want with the body?"

"I wish I could tell you," Kate replied.

She took the gun from her brother and he pulled out another and expertly put it under her chin. "I always forget you carry two."

Since Luci didn't trust Kate, she pushed Stiles behind her. "Back off!" Argent cried.

Kate smirked. "You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?"

Argent shook his head. "I don't want to."

"You're not going to kill me."

"He won't, but I'll hurt you," Luci said, glaring at her.

Argent subtly shook his head at Luci as he said to Kate, "I'm not going to let you take his body."

Stiles began backing up and said, "Okay, well, obviously, you guys have a lot to talk about, so, maybe I saw some coffee, a vending machine outside."

"Listen to me, Kate," Argent said. "We have a plan."

Kate frowned. "If killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me."

Stiles glanced between them. "He's telling the truth. We're trying to get to the Benefactor."

Luci narrowed her eyes at Kate. "Shall I remind you that on that list, too. Those who are hunting us down would pay a pretty price for your head."

Kate glared at her. "That's why I'm here."

"Then back off and let us do what we planned," Argent said. "Take the Berserkers and go. Kate, please. We have a plan."

She left and shortly after, Scott woke with a loud yell. He looked around and Kira ran in and kissed him.

"What happened?" Scott wondered. "Did it work?"

They shook their heads and Liam came in with a worried look on his face. Kira frowned. "What?"

Liam looked at Kira. "It's your mother... She's hurt."