Heather Grey

Edited: January, 20th 2019 

"Welcome, Welcome!" Sally Blofis greeted as I entered her apartment.

"Thank you for having me." I say truly grateful for the invitation.

"Your always welcomed to join us." She said understanding the loneliness.

As she cooks I sit in the kitchen and we share stories and news about life.

"May I use your restroom?" I ask.

"Of course." She directs me towards the bathroom.

As I exit I see a boy and girl lying in a bed. They seem about nineteen years old from what I could tell. Laying in the same bed. The same bed. I quickly race to the kitchen to as Sally about it.

"Sally as I exited the bathroom I saw a boy and a girl laying in bed together. Is that ok? I'm freaking out!"

She simply said "That's Percy and Annabeth." And continued to cut tomatoes for the salad.

"OK...so why are they in the same bed?"

"Because she is my wife and we can?" A sleep deprived voice suggested from the doorway.

I turn to see Percy standing at the door way. Hair all over the place, shirtless, with big black bags under his eyes.

He looked past me to his mother " Mom, Annabeth needs help with Luke. Charlie and Selena are still a sleep but not for long."

"OK. Tell her I will be right there." Sally said.

As Percy turned to leave he asked"When is Paul coming home?"

"He should be home in about six hours." Sally responded.

Percy nodded and left the room.

"Who are Selena, Charlie, and Luke?"

"Heather, they are my grandchildren. Percy is my son and Annabeth is my daughter- in- law."

I was shocked," Wha- Ho-? Wait how could that be possible they are only, what, nineteen years old?"

"Remember about that family emergency  I had and I left work for a few weeks?

"YOUR WHAT?!?" Sally stood up angrily.

"Pr- pre- preg-" Annabeth started quietly, tears running down her face. Percy was trying his best to comfort her.

"Nope don't even finish. I can't believe the two of you. I trust you and look at what happens. So irresponsible!" Sally said clearly angry.

Annabeth, complete ashamed of what happened, sobs even hard into Percy's chest.

"S-Sally I'm s-so so-sorry this i-is a-all my fa-fault." Annabeth choked out.

Sally saw how much Annabeth was sorry. And even though Percy hadn't said anything she could tell he felt guilty as well.

She sat down and asked"How far along are you?"

Percy responded as Annabeth was trying to calm down."She is about two months along."

Sally took a deep breath trying to relax and think before she said something she would regret, "Ok, what do you want to do? Do you wan to keep it? Do you know how much responsibility this is gonna take?" 

Percy looked into his mother's eyes" We know Mom. But this is our kid. We've talked about it and we wanna keep it." 

Sally sighed, "Ok, what can I do to help?..." 

"I was disappointed but at the end of the day it's their lives, their choice." 

As we kept speaking,  girl around Percy's age came out of the room Percy had entered a while a go. She was holding a small a baby swaddled in green in one hand and a blue bottle in the other

"Um, hello." She greeted me, "Sally, do you know where the formula is? Percy can't find it and the twins just woke up."

Sally stood up, "Here I'll take care of that how 'bout you sit down for a little while."

I stood up to say my goodbyes, walking up the stairs back to my apartment I think 'The amazing life of Sally Blofis'