𝗦 𝗖 𝗘 𝗡 𝗘 | 𝟮

Start from the beginning

Sightseeing at the lighthouse

In what felt like an hour, the trio exchanged notes. Gasps and giggles arose around the room. They immediately settled down and gathered around in a circle, pushing the spare mattress on the wall. Jungwon cleared his throat and hit the floor repeatedly as if he was a judge in a courtroom. The other two just sat there waiting for Jungwon to inaugurate the ceremony starting this summer's bucket list completion.

"In view of all the foregoing," Jungwon purposely spoke an octave lower than usual. "I'm proudly announcing the commencement of this summer's bucket list completion. In all intents and purposes, all members involved should follow the rules." Jungwon waved his hand in the air like a conductor.

Fiorello and Renjun nodded and raised their hands in the air.

"The first one who completes will win. May the odds may be in your favor. . ." Jungwon ended the speech.

"Mintart One, si!" Renjun bellowed and posed, like a ballerina in a pirouette stance.

"Mintart Two, si!" Fiorello posed like Marilyn Monroe's infamous pose, arms crossed in the air over his head, face sideways with a demure smile painted on his lips.

"Mintart Three, si!" Jungwon posed like Ariel, the pose when Ariel finally recovered her voice from Ursula.

"Uno, Due, Tri! Mintarts, let's go!" All three of them screamed at the top of their lungs. They all guffawed at their antics, it was kind of a shrew action, all three of them rolled on the ground clutching their stomach in their "toe-curling" yet "amusing" way of commencing their tradition.

꧁✿꧂

The trio grabbed their bags before going out of Renjun's room and bid goodbye to Mrs.Huang before trekking downhill to reach the commercial area of the town. The trio exchanged inside jokes, gossip, and recent ideas to add to their list. . . most of which were the most ridiculous ones, for example: pulling down Old Man Bruce's trousers, verbally offending the tris vicchie signores, etc. They were quite boisterous on their way down attracting all kinds of reactions from fellow townsfolk, although they were noisy, everyone around the town is familiar with each other, and most of the old people were glad that they were still energetic teenagers like them in the town since most of them were moving to the cities to seek for a greener pasture or to attain higher education.

Since it was summer, tourist traffic isn't that much, as most of them go to more popular tourist spots like the Amalfi and Venice, which of course, the people in the town aren't complaining about. It is observed by them that it just comes with more cons than pros as they hinder the livelihood of the other inhabitants, and few of them is that Mintarts trio will have to help their family businesses to accommodate the tourists who were quite a boisterous lot. In one instance, one couple last spring destroyed most of the fishing supplies of the Yangs because they weren't entertained for a moment, it almost caused Jungwon to stop his studies that time since money was tight; of course, the tourists just went on their merry way without compensating the damages they've done. In conclusion, the people in this town are quite apprehensive about tourists.

The trio finally reached the town center, which was as busy as usual, with newspaper boys riding their bicycles up and down the hills of the town, and turning in a circle around the fountain in the center of the town. Mrs. Beneventi's diner is packed with locals and tourists alike eating their breakfast inside the cramped two-story diner, the trio waved at Mrs.Beneventi before rerouting toward the fountain. The fountain was in a shape of a four-leafed clover with a kneeling sculpture of the Goddess of Smeraldo Sea raising her hands forward, and the basin above the sculpture was spewing out the water. The trio then quickly fetched quarters in their bags and closed their eyes before tossing them in the fountain after saying their wishes.