Chapter 2

"Now, who will like to go first with their presentation?" the English teacher asked with her strict yet sweet voice. Her sharp eyes looked around the classroom as the students looked at each other, wondering who will present first.

The teacher gave the students some group work about life. You raised up your hand confidently and the teacher nodded at you, signaling you to get in front of the classroom to present your work with your partner. You slowly walked and your (e/c) eyes looked at a cheerful girl who was walking towards to the front of the classroom as well.

The girl has two lovely pink to green braids and a pair of emerald green eyes. She was smiling sweetly and warmly.

"Ahem, good morning, everyone. Mitsuri and I have done this project with our best about life. Life is just like a challenge," you explained proudly as Mitsuri showed the students the presentation slide you both made. "Sometimes, life can be painful and relaxing..."

The teacher nodded proudly at both of you while Mitsuri and you explaining the presentation slide.

"That's a wonderful presentation!" the teacher exclaimed, clapping happily and the students joined in. You and Mitsuri smiled at each other and went back to seats. "Now, should we have... Shinobu and Cherlyn to present their work?"

"Psst, what are you gonna present?" you asked quietly to Cherlyn, who passed your seat.

"Err, can't say right now. Shinobu made the presentation by herself while forcing me to upload some pictures," Cherlyn whispered back.

"Shinobu, Cherlyn, another two of my best students! Now, mind present your presentation right away?" the teacher smiled.

"Hai! I was born ready! You ready, Cherlyn?" Shinobu cheered.

"..." Cherlyn smiled nervously.

"Ahem, our presentation," Shinobu said as Cherlyn awkwardly showed their presentation. "Is about one of the most important thing in our life, 'friendship'!"

"Oh..." you mumbled as your eyes awkwardly stared at Giyu, who was just staring at the slide with his blue eyes.

"The power of friendship is very important and friends are important role in our life, too!" Shinobu smiled and her purple eyes kept staring at Giyu. "They not only support us, they also company us when we're sad! Next page, please, Cherlyn."

Cherlyn sighed then showed the next slide, which was a picture of Giyu sitting in a corner while Shinobu stared at him with a sly smile.

"Uhm..." the teacher blinked confusedly as the students in classroom all stared at Giyu, who was shivering.

"Haiyaa... Shinobu, are you sure you're gonna just bully him like this again..." Cherlyn sighed.

"Anyways, back to our project, sometimes friends can be backstabbers, also known as betrayers," Shinobu ignored Cherlyn and continued. "Some people only befriend with us for some reasons, maybe a dare by their friend, to get close with someone who is very close with you and more. This is why we should also be careful who we are friends with."

"Like, Cherlyn, she doesn't even know that her so-called 'friend' is a famous and mean bully in our school. That rainbow-eyed one," Shinobu said, frowning at Cherlyn, who glared back.

"What? He's not mean. You think he's mean because you think he's annoying, Shinobu!" Cherlyn hissed.

"And this is the end of our presentation! Hope you like our project we done together," Shinobu bowed politely and walked back to her seat, leaving Cherlyn in front of the class glaring at the girl who was still smiling.

"I don't get it! Why Shinobu wanted to do a project like that?!" Cherlyn hissed madly during recess.

"She just wants to bully Giyu. Poor Giyu... Everyone stared at him..." Tanjiro sighed as Shinobu ate her food with dark aurora behind her.

"But it's the truth Tomioka-san doesn't have any friends," Shinobu said, sending Tanjiro and Cherlyn a not-so-friendly smile.

"Eh, remember I'm here, please," a hand waved. It was Sabito, Giyu's best friend.

"Well, except for you, I guess," Shinobu sighed. "Y/n, are you excited tomorrow? I can't wait to know who's your soulmate!"

"Yeah, I am!" you replied, smiling.

"Cherlyn, I remember your birthday passed and you met your soulmate, right? Who are they?" Shinobu asked, chewing her food slowly.

"Eh, I don't want to answer..." Cherlyn mumbled. (A/n: Please suggest a soulmate for her, I haven't decided.)

"Muichiro, your birthday is coming out soon, right?" Shinobu asked, turning her head to the right.

"Already passed my birthday..." Muichiro mumbled.

"You finally talk for once today," Cherlyn gritted her teeth.

"You finally show your true personality, which is cold and harsh," Muichiro replied without any emotion.

"Eh?! You want me to fight you or not?!" Cherlyn hissed.

"I will like to fight you but we're not allowed to fight in school. I don't want to get suspended or expelled," Muichiro answered.

"Heh, whatever. I bet Y/n's soulmate isn't you. If you are really Y/n's soulmate, I'll give you 20 bucks. If not, you give me 20 bucks," Cherlyn said, waving her 20 bucks in hand in front of Muichiro.

"Deal," Muichiro answered blankly. "Even if I have to give you 20 bucks, I don't really mind."

"Haiya, why you so confident when you haven't met your freaking soulmate?" Cherlyn pointed out.

"Because I usually win when I'm against you," Muichiro stated.

"Huh? Is that true, Cherlyn?" Shinobu asked, tilting her head.

"It is true. I won population contest, math contest, science contest, some random bets Cherlyn made for no reasons and some board games," Muichiro answered, eating his cookie.

"Hmph," Cherlyn gritted her teeth again as you sweat dropped.

"What a drama..." you smiled as you saw Cherlyn tried to knock Muichiro but was stopped by Tanjiro.