Chapter 26

Clove's POV

It's been two months since the lake house and life is oddly normal, for now at least. A few days after I leaked the video of Faith, she was fired from the hospital and her nursing license is still under review by the board. However, the video went viral very quickly so I do not think she will have her license after the board hearing.

That was expected, but the phone call I received from the head nurse, chief of staff, and the hospital lawyers was a total surprise. Due to the recent evaluation of Faith's character and the overall lack of evidence, I was hired back at the hospital the same day Faith was fired with an apology and a very big raise. They were scared to death I would sue them for wrongful termination even though the thought never crossed my mind, but they didn't need to know that.

Obviously, the raise has been very helpful as Wolf and I now split his mom's medical bills. I offered to pay them all while he paid our living expenses but he could never stand for that, so we compromised. We now split every single bill we have 50/50. Even though it is almost exactly the same amount I would pay if I just paid her medical bills, it makes Wolf feel like less of a leech - his words not mine.

Last month, I officially broke my lease and moved all of my big furniture into storage as Wolf swore it would be cheaper than starting over when we had our own house one day. I can tell it bothers him that we live in the clubhouse, but I love it. I am surrounded by family every day. Things are finally starting to fall into place.

This leads me to this moment, as I sit on the cold tattoo table with one leg of my shorts rolled up and Smoke working on my thigh. I personally think it's stupid I have to get a property tattoo, but I will happily oblige if it means I can finally be his official old lady.

He kept saying he wanted to wait as long as possible so as not to rush me, but then he pushed for this date. I know that means the boys are preparing to go after Jesse because Wolf wants me fully protected if anything goes wrong, but I can't bring myself to imagine that.

Jesse has been quiet as he dives into a dark hole of drugs and alcohol. Somebody from the MC has been watching him at all times since the incident at the hospital, but thankfully there have been no more red flags or incidents. They rarely see Faith though, as they said she barely leaves the cheap apartment complex they live in now since both of them were cut off by their parents.

What can I say? Karma really is a bitch.

"Do you have to touch her like that?" Wolf groans pulling me out of my thoughts. We decided together to get the tattoo on my thigh, but I don't think he realized Smoke would actually have to touch me to tattoo it. He has hovered over Smoke the whole time, making both of us nervous.

"That's it," I say with a groan, "get out."

"No way, he has you practically naked!" Wolf bellows but Smoke and I only laugh in response.

"I am a professional, now get the fuck out of my shop. You are making me nervous with all the hoovering," Smoke laughs.

"Fine, I will see you at the party after," Wolf responds as he kisses me and then pulls his shirt over his head.

True to his word, Wolf got a tattoo of my name in scripted font across his heart before I got my property tattoo. Now we are both branded for life.

"Sorry about that," I laugh after Wolf finally left the room.

"Don't sweat it, Blade and Grease were the same way."

"One day you will get to tattoo your own girl," I tease as I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Nah, monogamy isn't my thing," he jokes a little too seriously.

After the tattoo is finished, I check it over in the mirror and it is not half as bad as I expected. The club logo is a red devil hand in a fist with brass knuckles, classy I know, but it is a lot better than the guns or controlled substances I expected. Underneath the logo, Property of Wolf is written and while I was not thrilled about the idea at first, now I find it kind of hot.