Rosie's green eyes lit up after hearing that. Sounded perfect. The girl was as shocked and confused as the rest of the doctors, even sharing the eagerness of curiosity to find out what else she could do. She needed space and time, to be calm and without the painful tests.

              "The boy also has skin that is difficult to inherit " However, Dr. Fisher was drooling with thirsty interest and seemed not to have listened to Dr. Lang or to be interested in his intervention at all. He was one of Stein's friends, his voice had a strong weight to it. "We've cut him and beat him for hours and not only doesn't break easy, the pain threshold is higher than any other human being. We are planning to shoot him, we have a theory that his skin is bulletproof. The girl has been able to develop this as well, Dr. Vought has theorized that the mutant gene has a general likelihood of altering strength, speed and endurance. Studies on rats have shown the tendency."

              Rosie took a few steps back in fear. Shots? Were they going to kill Ben? What were the doctors talking about? The girl had never wanted them —come on, she didn't even understand the concept of loving, much less felt it for anyone— and they never looked out for her safety and didn't plan to start worrying about it, what had made the girl's stomach churn was the clear sentence of torture. Hits and cuts? She didn't want to be hit and cut. Shots? Were they going to kill Ben?

              "Prepare a new testing route for the girl and the boy: I want one group dedicated to studying each other's main skill and another group for the development and discovery of new skills. Don't hide the golden egg from me, girl. What else can you do? Have you only grown flowers?"

               "Yes sir, I've only grown flowers, nothing else," Rosie replied as one of the soldiers. She thought that if she behaved like them maybe they would treat her better, like the men treated each other and she could save herself from being hit, cut and shot.

               It did the little girl no good to pretend to be a man, a boy from the war who served his country honorably, the exams that followed were the worst and Ben was already experiencing them.

               "Hi Rosie," greeted the little boy.The boy didn't look so good: dark circles under his eyes furrowed his haggard, sleepy, beaten face. Bruises the length of a stick marked half of his face. It was grotesque and frightening, the girl had never seen anything like it. He looked fresh, latent, blood still trickled down his cheek and bits of skin hung off. "I don't look so good, do I?"

             Rosie denied empathetically. She had been sitting at the chess table for an hour waiting for him.
             "What did they do to you?" she whispered emotionally and scared that she would end up like this.

             "I'm very strong, they told me I'd make a good soldier someday," the consolation seemed to be enough for the boy to walk with his head held high and his complaints buried. "A great man, they said. -she whispered emotionally and scared that she would end up like this.

             "I'm very strong, they told me I'd make a good soldier someday," the reassurance seemed to be enough for the boy to walk with his head held high and his complaints buried. A great man, they said. Colonel Fort congratulated me" Colonel Fort was Ben's idol.

              "I'm happy for you, but are you in a lot of pain?"

              "I can take it, I'm a man," Rosie nodded and waited for Ben to make the first move: King's pawn. "Dr. Stein said you found your ability. What is it?"

              Later that afternoon, when Rosie was brought into the room, there were about ten people remodeling with flirty pots full of soil, hanging plants and flowers everywhere. The psychiatrists' analysis after the revelation ruled under Rose Harrington's personal condition that the stimulation within the living room would provide favorable results for the development of her ability. The girl reached for a small pot that had been left under her feet, placed it in her lap and made a poppy bloom.