Fabulous new hair plus LET'S FUCKING TALK MUSIC (Sia's trash film)

As a couple of you on here know, I recently got my hair dyed. I got the bottom layers dyed pinkish-red, and I could not be happier. 

What do you all think? 

Anyway, on to more serious shit. 

If you're not comfortable with it, or if you find it really upsetting, remember that you are not obligated to read any further. If you do, remember that you can always reach out to me for support if you need someone to talk to, or to send you wholesome videos for a mental detox. 

You guys know Sia's nightmarish ableist film, right? Music? 

That fucking dumpster fire birthed from a truly horrific collab with Auti$m $peak$. 

Let's take a look at the opening song and accompanying video: 

Do you guys see that? That mock-stimming? 

Stimming is under the control of the person, for the most part. I mean, I'm not walking around kind of doing the worm with my arms, completely out of control. From what I've seen, what Music is doing looks a bit more like an offensive portrayal of tics, though, I'd love it so much if someone who actually has tics would confirm this, because I am far from an expert and want to know how accurate my observation is, and wether it is offensive in any way. 

A more important thing to focus on would be sensory issues, which, as I'm about to say, THIS FILM IS FUCKING TRIGGERING WITH EVERY SCENE. 

I mean, the film is definitely offensive, as well as being a sensory overload from the get-go. 

The musical numbers are bright, technicolor, acid-trip scenes straight out of some kind of hell, with bizarre, uncomfortable costumes and weird concepts. 

Also, this bitch cast a neurotypical actor to play an autistic character. 

I probably don't even have to say how not okay that is. 

Maddie Ziegler didn't even want to play Music, but Sia made her. What an asshole. 

The movie encouraged abuse and violence toward autistics having meltdowns, even promoting pinning our screaming, crying, struggling bodies to the ground, a move that has left people badly hurt or dead. 

Remember to never use force against someone having a meltdown, and do not punish us for it. We can't help it, and we need your support when meltdowns occur. 

And the thick fondant icing on this hellish cake? 

Music is infantalized and belittled, and while the rest of the cast wears fashionable, colourful clothes that fit them well, she is constantly clad in a plain white, baggy shirt and trousers, the only colour in her outfit being her maroon waist pack and blue headphones. It's like she's a hospital patient, or like just because she might not be able to dress herself, she can't pick out cute clothes. 

Finally, let's add a poisoned cherry as some extra decoration: 

It's not captioned! 

The level of ableism there is so not cool. I personally require captions to watch shit, as do many other people. 

Tl;dr: Sia's film "Music" is ableist garbage, and should never have been released. 

Now, here are some wholesome videos for anyone who made it through that and needs a mental pick-me-up: 

Remember, if you need support, feel free to reach out to me.