v.

Days transformed into weeks, and then weeks became months.

Miranda kept herself occupied with her studies and work, while Spencer remained silent regarding the Alcina-related matter. Even if the lad desired to inquire about it, he knew better than to do so because Miranda had given him a lethal look just by opening his mouth when it comes to that matter.

A few months have passed after Alcina's departure, and Miranda has neither received a letter from her nor received a phone call from her. Miranda felt a sense of disappointment as she considered how Alcina had entirely forgotten about her and forced her to wait in vain. The fact that she cared too much about that woman infuriated her. She shouldn't be thinking about her so much; rather, she ought to be angry with her for kissing her. She will not lie; she enjoyed the sensation of Alcina's lips on hers. Softly pressing and filling her lips.

"You are so strange," Miranda murmured to herself, unaware to the fact that she said it out loud, forcing Spencer to turn around and frown at her.

"What's so strange about putting marshmallows in hot chocolate?" he asks with a sour expression as he examines his mug.

Miranda rolled her eyes. Damn you, so damn much, Alcina Dimitrescu. "I was referring to this file you handed me," she said, holding up the sheet of paper containing information about Karl Heisenberg. "Don't you find it strange that he enjoys collecting metal scraps?"

Spencer's face lit up once again as he sat back down and sipped his cocoa. "According to one of his housekeepers, he has an entire room filled with metals he's collected during his travels. He cleans and counts them every day, and he has approximately three hundred, tiny different metals."

Miranda inserted the document back into the folder and arranged it among the documents of Donna Beneviento and Salvatore Moreau. These are the prominent individuals that Spencer and she discovered during their trip months ago, and based on her study, they were the ideal prospects for bringing Eva back. She was still in the midst of a search, but these three individuals were really promising, and she is now considering how to meet with them and somehow convince them with her plans.

"I suppose he has a penchant for metals." Spencer stated caused her to suspend her thinking. "He might be using that for, you know?"

"Yes, that could be possible." She stated, without wishing to discuss sexual matters. It causes her to cringe just by considering it.

She expelled a quiet sigh as she moved to another worn-looking folder. Due to the large number of people's files she's been monitoring, she had likely overlooked this one. As soon as Miranda opened the folder, terror began to replace all of her previous emotions.

"Spencer?" she questioned.

He places his mug on the table and rolls his chair which has wheels, near Miranda's table. When he saw the contents of the folder, he exclaimed, "Oh, I didn't know how that got there."

Miranda regarded the documents in her hands, one of which belonged to Alcina Dimitrescu and detailed her entire life, including her youth. Even as a little girl, it was evident that Alcina would develop into a magnificent woman, as she appeared to be as attractive as ever in the attached photographs.

"Mira, I had no idea that was in there," Spencer says as he looked at his mentor without detecting any emotion in her eyes. "If I knew, I would throw it away."

"And why would you throw it away?" Miranda's question shocked him.

"Well... She's your friend, isn't she? I saw you two eating at a restaurant together, and you were smiling the entire time. I've never seen you smile so much, not even when Eva's name is spoken."